Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Progress reports

As we are now pretty much into 2017 (January was just a trial period!) two emulators have now posted their progress reports, so if you havn't got around to checking them out, this is a good time.

First up Dolphin the NGC and Wii emulator has updated its progress report for january:

Sometimes, it's easy to forget how much work there is left to do on a refined emulator. While the rush of getting a new game to boot or discovering a crazy feature hidden within an obscure gem never gets old, those moments do tend to get further and further apart as accuracy increases. As if to defy fate itself, excitement reigned over the month of January as a plethora of ancient bugs were fixed and many unbootable titles finally saw their day of reckoning come to be!

Among the new recruits are the final Virtual Console game, a massive Wii MMO that installs itself to USB, two games where we're almost certain the developers purposefully put code in to defeat Dolphin, and two channels developed by the remnants of Factor 5.

And also the PlayStation 2 emulator pcsx2 has posted its Q4 2016 progress report with the notable addition of the start of adding PSX emulation, and with many enhancements and bug fixes, a massive update to the start of the year.
    https://twitter.com/thejoypad for news posts from emulation64, and my own personal projects. Follow me!
    HD NES packs for hdnes and mesen

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks for the news.
    Model: MacBook Pro with a Retina, Mid 2014 (Purchased in March 28, 2015) -- macOS Sierra 10.12.4
    CPU: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphic Card: Intel Iris 1536 MB

iPhone 6+ - iOS 10.3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    rpcs3 progress report even more reports for january this time for prcs3
    https://twitter.com/thejoypad for news posts from emulation64, and my own personal projects. Follow me!
    HD NES packs for hdnes and mesen