What's new

Having trouble connecting Xbox One controller to Project64

moonmanhere

Hi, everyone. Thanks for taking a minute to read my post. I've had the itch to play old N64 games lately, and decided it would make sense to get into the emulation game. However, I'm having problems getting Project64 to recognize my Xbox One controller. I plugged it in via a USB cord to my laptop (Windows 10), installed the most recent Microsoft driver, and it seems to be working on my Steam games. However, when I go to configure the buttons on Project64, the emulator doesn't appear to recognize that I'm hitting any buttons. I've searched the forum but have not been able to come up with the answer. Any help that you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

geanes

I had the same issue with my PS4 controller. What worked for me was holding down the button on the controller, clicking what I wanted to configure it to, then releasing the controller button. Not sure if this will help at all but I figured I'd chime in just in case. Good luck.

pigsquidder

Hey I was having the same problem but then I found a way to do it
If you click the button where you configure the controller (for instance 'up', 'down', 'A'), then click the same place again, it will register the input. This is weird but also worth a shot!

-Pigsquidder