What's new

Clear Game credits with out loosing data

acpowell

I have noticed that on all the NAOMI games when you exit the game it remembers how many credits there were when you were last in the game. This is fine except that a lot of the games don't show the opening video if there is a credit. Is there a way to clear this out every time the game exits?

MetalliC

Demul developer
possible options:
- clear non-volatile game data each time emulator exits - delete /nvram/<setname>.sram file
- forbid to emulator change non-volatile data game data - set "read only" attribute for /nvram/<setname>.sram file

Last edited:
OP
A

acpowell

possible options:
- clear non-volatile game data each time emulator exits - delete /nvram/<setname>.sram file
- forbid to emulator change non-volatile data game data - set "read only" attribute for /nvram/<setname>.sram file

Will this clear the play times on games like Marvel vs Capcom 2? I don't want to loose my unlocked characters.

MetalliC

Demul developer
if you delete mvsc2.sram this will clear all game data for sure, high scores, play time, unlocks, etc.
but if you set "read only" flag to this file all data remains in place, it just "freeze" it.

- - - Updated - - -

there is another option - go to bios test mode (F4) - coin assignments and set there "free play" mode.
so you'll not need to put coins anymore

OP
A

acpowell

That is an option I ever thought about. I only really care about a few so that wouldn't take too long. Thanks for the tip.

OP
A

acpowell

- - - Updated - - -

there is another option - go to bios test mode (F4) - coin assignments and set there "free play" mode.
so you'll not need to put coins anymore

That did the trick. I can now see the intro movie of all the locked and unlocked characters. Now I just need to figure out why the unlock cheat isn't working for the last set of people.

Thank you!