What's new

No updates for Naomi Bar Codes List? (Read Description)

LoliJuicy

I was wondering why the bar codes was never updated. It was updated since 2015.

There's games for the bar codes not completed (For example, Love and Berry is one of them).

How did they do it? Did they found some cards in the machine and write them there or they manage to get in the file and retrieved some of it?

I think they manage to get in the file because one of the games bar code called ??? (DUMMY CARD, actually it is called elegant dress) is very rare and it's hard to obtained it easily.

MetalliC

Demul developer
I was wondering why the bar codes was never updated. It was updated since 2015.
because there is nothing to update atm. last update was IIRC at Feb 2016.

There's games for the bar codes not completed (For example, Love and Berry is one of them).
do you have anything for update ?
Dinosaur King and Mushiking codes 100% complete, English*1 Love&Berry have very few cards missing, not sure they exists at all.

How did they do it? Did they found some cards in the machine and write them there or they manage to get in the file and retrieved some of it?
L&B codes comes from few girls who collecting game cards, so they BUY all of them, then scan codes using cellphone app or smth.
http://www.emutalk.net/threads/56000-LOVE-AND-BERRY-DRESS-UP-AND-DANCE!-barcodes
and I'm very appreciated for this!

Dinosaur King and Mushiking was easy - it have them hardcoded, so I've extracted list of all codes supported by this game(s) from game data binaries in a minute ;)

*1 - at this moment we haven't any Japanese Love&Berry or DinoKing games dumped, and have only one MushiKing Jap version. we haven't codes for them as well.
so, if you are fan of such collectible card arcade games - you may try to find someone who own one of missings.

Last edited:
OP
L

LoliJuicy

Is it possible for you to get in Love and Berry file and extract all the codes from it?

Or is it different from the other twos?

If not, I would like for you to do it because few of the, are missing. (47 skipped to 49)

MetalliC

Demul developer
Is it possible for you to get in Love and Berry file and extract all the codes from it?
L&B games have no predefined codes lists, so no, it can't be "extracted".
go find that cards by yourself if you are really interested, do not expect someone else will do anything just because you want something ;)

I'm not. I even had no idea that kind of card games exists, prior to start working on Sega SystemSP platform research and emulation few years ago.

I would like for you to do it because few of the, are missing. (47 skipped to 49)
I would like you or anyone else find Japanese versions of these games.
anybody cares ?

OP
L

LoliJuicy

Sorry for being rude but the problem is the posting replies.

It irritates me when they said forbidden words or something else even though I never did.

Anyways, you said that L&B does not have code lists right? Meaning SEGA did not make a code list instead they separate them.

I doubt there will be L&B JP Versions since they cease the series.

Also, why find the cards by myself? It's already "completed" with the exception of some event cards, DUMMY cards and one non-found card.

There's not much left L&B machines. Basically, L&B Games is "bankrupted" (Rather use the word "Censored Up").

I know you care less about getting in the file. You can't use JP cards in EN Machines.

Although I do admit it's a selfish request, I just like to know if there's really a EN code for this "pretty pink devil" because this card was never featured in English. It's a dress with shorts. Pink and Black colors.

Personally, why America SEGA? You don't need to remove it just because the girls will become naughty or something.

Never mind, forget about it. Who cares about this card obsessive girls game?
You will never do it anyways considering that I was too selfish.

Thanks anyways. You don't have to do it.

MetalliC

Demul developer
Anyways, you said that L&B does not have code lists right? Meaning SEGA did not make a code list instead they separate them.
no, this means L&B have no predefined codes at all
codes are parsed instead - some of bits means country, others collection#, type, protection sum etc

I doubt there will be L&B JP Versions since they cease the series.
there ?

let me tell a story. I'll try to be short:
one person from Eastern Europe (me, lol), as was said - never seen IRL such arcade machines, but was not lazy and cared enough to find and preserve some bits of Sega arcades history. simply Googled the net, found some mentions of one L&B game owner on Florida/US arcade forum, so registered there, contacted him, convinced to pull CompactFlash card from his arcade machine, plug into some laptop, read game CF and share data.
in result of above - all of you now can play "Love And Berry - 3rd-5th Collection" game.

and the question is: what prevents so-called fans of the game is to do the same?
there no special skills required but will to do something useful, for yourself, for community.

as I heard Japan versions is much superior, have more cards, its types, etc. so why not try to find some person who may own it in Japan ? likely it can be some of fans of this or such type games.

from my side I've did quite big research already, using my contacts in "arcade world" - technicians/repairers/collectors, real ones, some of them owns hundreds or even thousands of arcade games.
sadly no new L&B games was found, mainly because they are not interested in "that stupid cards games for kids".
so... as was said - have to be found some of fans of this game, who may own it, or at least know there it can be found and possible bought.

Also, why find the cards by myself? It's already "completed" with the exception of some event cards, DUMMY cards and one non-found card.

Although I do admit it's a selfish request, I just like to know if there's really a EN code for this "pretty pink devil" because this card was never featured in English. It's a dress with shorts. Pink and Black colors.
I'm afraid no one know the answer. so you have to do research by yourself.

Last edited:
OP
L

LoliJuicy

Besides that, is there a way to extract the songs from the game?

I tried using Chdman and the command "chdman -extractcd -I mda-c0042.chd -o mda-c0042.chd" but fails to as it says not recognize as cd. I use extracthd and it works except it's not a extractcd.

MetalliC

Demul developer
that's correct, "extractcd" used for CD/GD/DVD images, for other media types like HDD/CompactFlash/etc "extracthd" is correct command.

in short: "chdman -extracthd -i mda-c0042.chd -o mda-c0042.img", then open mda-c0042.img image in 7zip and extract whatever you want.
music is in SOUND folder, in ADX format, it can be played in foobar2000 using foo_adpcm plugin.

add:
there are more musics/sounds inside of osm_3_eng_v1002.bin binary, in ISO9660 format image, but I'm not sure you have enough skills to deal with it

Last edited:
OP
L

LoliJuicy

I'm not sure you have enough skills to deal with it

I know how to make a cue sheet for it so that should be alright but I don't have the right code for extracting it.

Others:

I managed to extract the sounds anyways from the SOUND folder.

Is it possible to extract the sounds from lovebery? (IC15 or BIN)

Besides that, I believe:

TEX_HAIR, TEX_FOOT, TEX_DRESS and TEX_ACC (Special Items) are textures of the model, correct?
OBJ_HAIR, OBJ_FOOT, OBJ_DRESS and OBJ_ACC (Special Items) are models, correct?

What is this file extension "FC"?

Last edited:
OP
L

LoliJuicy

Also, are you saying that I need a few apps to do the extraction of osm_3_eng_v1002.bin along with cue sheet?

I'm pretty sure I can do it. So try me.

OP
L

LoliJuicy

I don't know why I keep this thread open. Lol.

I found out what MetalliC means by the short private messages he meant. (Why short messages from him few of you said? He's not american. He's foreign. Get it?)

How to extract osm_3_eng_v1002.bin (DEMUL Developers knows how to decrypt these kind of things. Not us.):

- Decrypt Naomi M4 from the .bin (Binary) file. Before that, save another one as a BACKUP! (Most of us cannot do except DEMUL Developers which they may (we don't know) not do it for us unless they do share datamined stuff.)

- Save the .bin (Binary) file.

- Open ISOBuster

- Click Track 1 -> Right-click -> Extract From to -> Start address at LBA 450000 to the end (Which is ISO9660 Data Track)

- Done

P.S: Might be wrong

If I'm wrong, reply (and maybe you want to make a text document of extracting and decrypting of how it should be done). I'm done with this thread. :/