What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

can i add new texture ( not retexture )

rogerbrah

hey guys im curious as to if i can add a completely new texture and get the game to load it into a certain object, for example:

inside peaches castle in sm64 the game uses the same texture for the centre of the roof and then stretches the sides of the image on the diagonal roof to the walls.
which looks completely crap unless you're using plain colors.. which also looks crap when im making a super hd texture pack D:
and uses the same texture for the checkered floor in the castle and the floor in say the room to enter bomb battlefield.
is there a way (dont mind getting more in depth than just retexturing) to add a whole new texture for a part in the game which re-uses textures etc.
or any tips on fixing up where a re used texture is distorted / stretched (like around the doors in sm64 using the walls textures) to make them look somewhat okay?

this really limits the quality in which you can make texture packs D: im going for a realistic look.. and stretched blurry images dont look like that :happy:

edit
also does anyone know if i can completely remove a texture so a model isnt visible? id rather a 2d HD doorknob over a dirty looking hexagon D:

Last edited: