What's new

texture pack problem OOT

rogerbrah

hey guys! first off im not sure if this is where im meant to post questions/help thread but im new here so please be chill :D

okay so here is my problem, i have recently started using pj64 again (been many years) and im interested in using texture packs to make my old fav games a little less hard on the eyes. i have succesfully ran a texture pack for diddykong racing (so my settings and what not are fine) and it worked well, though when i try a pack djipis oot pack pj64 doesnt try to load it whatsoever D:
i have tried it in plugins/GFX/hires_texture/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA, textures/THE LEG.... and textures/cache/THE LEG.. with no luck.
i see the problem being in file types, my diddykong racing texture pack came in a folder with lots of pngs n the works. where as my oot pack is in a single .htc file.
ive done alot of reading and im sure im doing everything right :(
any ideas?

im using glide64 2.1 (video plugin that comes with the most recent update) i havnt tried another as one texture pack works fine here so i dont see that being the problem :)

thanks to any replies :) and sorry again if this is in the wrong section! :eek:

edit im under the understanding i can use the htc file as is? some sites ramble on with a bunch of crap but as far as i know all i need to do is drop that file like i would the folder. im probably making a super noob mistake here xd

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Instructions on how to load the HTC are found in the threads containing the pack that you are trying to load.

OP
R

rogerbrah

Instructions on how to load the HTC are found in the threads containing the pack that you are trying to load.

could you point me in a direction by any chance? :)

- - - Updated - - -

okay ive followed these and other tutorials very closely. ive put the texture file in every damn possible file mentioned in said tuts.
i do not think my location choice is a problem what so ever.
its the htc format thats doing it. ALL tuts talk about .dat files not .htc (though i did follow these aswell to no avail)

please no links. odds are ive read the tut you're sending me too :/ i would love some genuine help pls! im happy to post screenshots/settings or whatever anyone needs to assist me :) ive spent hours reading/watching vids etc. and every single one is just telling me to do whats already been done. words of wisdom come at me.

- - - Updated - - -

video plugin - glide64 for pj64 2.1
texture path pj64/plugins/gfx/hires_texture
i have placed the htc file in hires_texture/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA

is this my issue?

OP
R

rogerbrah

You are using Djipi's latest release?
Instructions by Djipi are found in the same post as the packs are.
If these are not working for you I don't know what I can do.

ooh i didnt know he had a 2016 release :) (im using 2015 atm) but i have tried it in his specified folder :/
do you have this pack by any chance :) would you know what file type it is? because for some reason my pj64 doesnt recognize the htc files :/ and only individual folders with PNGs.

im about to check out the file name and see if theres something that should be removed from the file name..
also his instructions are out dated.. i dont think the cache is located in GFX in the newest release its in textures :)

- - - Updated - - -

no luck :( theres a copy of these textures in every folder it would ever be needed in..
textures/cache
GFX/cache
hires_texture/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA

hope you have the pack :) im severly limited on data and dont want to dl more crap that isnt gunna work.. :/ (pay like $400 a month for 60gig dls) >.>

OP
R

rogerbrah

----UPDATE----
im the biggest noob ever :/ didnt realise djipis pack only works with gliden64 :p

though im having more issues with this im sure ill figure it out.
currently can get textures to load with public realease 1.0 though only black screen but i think thats just because im missing a file xD

though id like to use 2.0 :/ but for some reason this release wont load the textures D: and i get majorr lag in alot of games (if they even manage to open)

anyone else here having fps trouble with the new release?

defs not fault of my pc.. i have high end specs :)

----UPDATE#2----
i have gliden64 working okay with a 20-30 fps.. though my audio is super bad :) (will try other plugins)
i also have the OOT texture pack loaded! and working! besides links ava in start screen is bugged out :) but im about to dl the newer release now i know everything is working fine!

tyvm for ur help and patience :)

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Other plugins will not work with Djipi's pack.
GlideN64 was updated to 2.0.
You should try using Project 64 1.6 or try turning the sync audio to game option off in the settings panel of pj64 2.x.

What do you have for a pc?

Last edited:
OP
R

rogerbrah

Other plugins will not work with Djipi's pack.
GlideN64 was updated to 2.0.
You should try using Project 64 1.6 or try turning the sync audio to game option off in the settings panel of pj64 2.x.

What do you have for a pc?

hey man just letting you know i got everything working :) was just being a noob :)

one of the newer alienware models.. so specs are fine :) ty for your help dude!

Swordsmage

I still don't understand. I was able to get .dat files working for Glide64 so I like to think I know at least a little bit about what I'm doing, but GlideN64 I can't seem to work. I did what the tutorials said, put the folder in "cache" in the GFX folder and set both paths to that folder where I need to. I tried both public release 1.0 and 2.0. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
I still don't understand. I was able to get .dat files working for Glide64 so I like to think I know at least a little bit about what I'm doing, but GlideN64 I can't seem to work. I did what the tutorials said, put the folder in "cache" in the GFX folder and set both paths to that folder where I need to. I tried both public release 1.0 and 2.0. What am I doing wrong?

Simple. DAT's don't work with GlideN64, we have HTC's now. What DAT are you trying to load?

Swordsmage

I am trying to use an HTC, I just brought up the .DAT because it seemed like a similar progress and thought it was relevant.

Swordsmage

I figured it out after doing what you suggested and starting with a clean emulator, it was the messy way I installed the plugin (I literally just extracted the .rar file into the Plugin folder and after seeing it show up in the emulator I called it a success). Everything's working fine now, thanks.

necroticart

hi I'm new to the forums and have a quick question I have the texture packs working. Now I want to know is it possible to use more than texture pack per rom without renaming the htc file every time

Last edited: