What's new

Project64 2.3 vs Nvidia GTX970: 2fps in fullscreen (Solved)

bungieke

Hello everyone.

Does anyone know why i can't play ocarina of time in 1920x1080 fullscreen on project64 2.3?
I'm using the Nvidia GTX970, which runs most 2016 games perfectly, yet i can't get a higher framerate then 2fps in fullscreen. (perfectly 16/9 though) In windowed mode, it works perfectly.

I'm using Jabo's Direct3D8 1.7.0.57-ver5 plugin

Graphics HLE is also tapped.

My 15 year old laptop runs this exact same version, exact same rom perfectly in full screen.
I cannot understand how a GTX970 could not handle this simple task?

Anyone?

Thanks VERY much :)

OP
B

bungieke

Thanks NESplayer4life :)

But i already did this.
Eventually the problem is solved by resetting the 3d settings in the nvidia control panel to their defaults. I changed things in there for regular gaming. Seems Project64 doesn't appreciate that.

Perfect framerate now in fullscreen.

Sorry for the maybe stupid question in the first place ;)

OP
B

bungieke

I'm afraid there is no more explaination.

I went to the Nvidia control panel. There i went to 3d settings and i clicked restore. So it set everything back to the default values

The setting i remember to hve setup there is vsync set to fast and some other things which i had set to "performance" instead of quality. I'm not that good with those terms.

So instead of 2 fps, it now plays perfectly in full screen.

So if future users experience this exact same issue, try going to the nvidia control panel and restore the 3d settings to the nvidia defaults.

It helped for me :)