What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

[Release] Tool to Convert between Glide64 And Dolphin Textures Automatically

LunisequiouS

So I wrote a tool to automatically convert textures from one emulator format to another. It was meant originally to convert between Glide64 and Dolphin textures for Nelde's New Paper Mario HD retexturing project http://newpapermario.tumblr.com/post/152728125985/new-paper-mario-on-dolphin , but it works on raw PNGs, so it should be able to do a lot more than that.

It tries to match the textures that are visually identical by scanning the actual pixels, and if any matches are found, it can run specific operations on the set. Might be useful to any of you guys, so give it a shot and play with it if you're interested.

I included a test set of textures from the original Paper Mario game with the program so you can try it out too, but feel free to use on your own dumps. It's not terribly optimized yet so I don't recommend running it on hundreds of thousands of textures just yet unless you got some time to kill ;)

I might release the source code once it's a bit more tidy and commented, if there's interest. For now it's a public Alpha release, so bugs are to be expected. If you find any let me know with steps to reproduce so I can fix.

Here's a couple screenshots:

78731fbac9.png

e4803c6418.png

And here's the download link: Download!

Let me know if the link goes down, but kindly do not redistribute since it's not yet finalized. Just link to this thread instead, so I can keep the link updated.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Sticky!
Saved to the wayback.

Mirror

Attachments

• Luni's+Texture+Conversion+Toolbox+1.3+Rev+37+Alpha.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 761
Last edited:

miracle.flame

I feel dumb about asking this but How do I use this actually? At first it looks pretty simple intuitive and self-explanatory but when I get to loading the Dolphin textures I wish to convert I don't know how to proceed to next step and actually get the result for N64. I don't understand the whole Matching thing, I don't wish to compare anything I just want to convert textures from Dolphin format to N64 format.