What's new

nullExtDevice plugin Modem emulation in NullDC

misko1311

So hello,

You probably see it from the title,I want to ask about the modem emulation in nullDC. I tested it on my laptop which has winPcap installed and I tried the IP provided at the Dreampipe website (search for it as I it won't let me post an URL) and put it to the "server_addr" setting in the "nullDC.cfg" file,I selected "modem" in the settings of the nullExtDevice plugin and started Sonic Adventure 1 but the "Internet" option in the menu was still gray and couldn't be selected,so I am asking,do I actually need the "DreamPi" thing or whatever it's called to connect to the internet with DC? If yes,is it possible or does any emulator actually emulate that thing or is it working for anyone? Or do I have to do something to unlock the option in Sonic Adventure? I know I probably won't get much from there but I didn't have a Dreamcast at the time the servers were online and now that someone revived them,I would really like to test but yeah,I don't really have a Dreamcast now too :/ Or is that any other way to make it working instead of the one I am trying?

EDIT: Well I got it to work but it won't connect,when I start a browser,it will tell me that it cannot connect but and when I select internet option in Sonic Adventure (yes I figured out that I first need to setup the internet connection for the option to unlock) and try that dreampipe renewed Sonic Adventure website thing it will just keep loading forever. So do I have to set something up that I forgot for it to start working? Or is it just not fully functional?

Last edited:
OP
M

misko1311

EDIT: Can somebody please remove this "comment" or whatever it's called? I moved the thing that was written here to the first post.

Last edited:

Redd

How do you get nullDC to even boot a game when using nullExtDevice? I put 46.101.91.123 in server_addr in the config file and enabled the modem by going to Options>ExtDevice>Modem, and no matter what game I boot, I get the following error:

Unhandled exeption while Initing nullExtDev (Jun 10 2010) plugin