What's new

Had Past Issues With Save Games Disappearing. Hoping to Know How To Avoid

dholland662

As the title suggests I dont want to lose my progress again. The problems were mostly with the Visual Boy Advance and using the in-game save feature. I primarily am using the snes9x, VBA, and the Fusion Sega Genesis Emulator.

Any solution or precaution you guys recommend would be great, Thank you for your time.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What version of VBA are you using? Do you have write permission to the folder VBA tries to write the save(s)?

OP
D

dholland662

What version of VBA are you using? Do you have write permission to the folder VBA tries to write the save(s)?

And no, computer asks me to find a program to use.

I should mentioned I downloaded a newer version of VBA well after having those issues. Just want to make sure I am not saving incorrectly by using the in-game save features on games

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You should try VBA-M, since the original VBA hasn't been updated or worked on in ages. The latest one is 2.0something. Where do you put VBA when you put it in a folder? If you don't put it under your own user folder, then most likely you will have problems with write permissions. Anyway, do some testing by starting a random game and using its save feature to save the game. Then check the save folder if VBA has created a save file for that game.

Just to reiterate, you can't open save files by double clicking on them. You have to start the game and then choose the save you want to use.

Last edited:
OP
D

dholland662

thank you for your help by the way

It is making saves. However it did that last time, then one day I would boot up a game and the saves would be wrong (they would be from an earlier point, that may have been due to using save states and the in game save feature together), OR the saves would be gone.

I will try VBA-M however. Thank you. Can I use the saves I made using VBA when I use the new program? Not states, in game saves?

Last edited: