Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Demul developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifan68 View Post
    Demul runs fine on my PC with Intel HD 4000. I never experienced any issues. How old is your system?
    I highly doubt it is fine. run some Dreamcast games which uses a lot of translucency, Draconus or Omicron for example. in best case you'll get slideshow instead of games, in worst - demul or Intel drivers crash.
    I'd guess you play NAOMI games only, which shows quite weak DC/NAOMI GPU features usage, so they may works acceptable on that Intel HD thing.
    but Dreamcast games usually much advanced, so there no chances to run them normally if you haven't real graphics card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalliC View Post
    I highly doubt it is fine. run some Dreamcast games which uses a lot of translucency, Draconus or Omicron for example. in best case you'll get slideshow instead of games, in worst - demul or Intel drivers crash.
    I'd guess you play NAOMI games only, which shows quite weak DC/NAOMI GPU features usage, so they may works acceptable on that Intel HD thing.
    but Dreamcast games usually much advanced, so there no chances to run them normally if you haven't real graphics card.
    I owned a actual Dreamcast. I only play Arcade games on Demul

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A HD530 is much faster than a HD4000. But speed is not my problem at moment. :-(

Demul (Crazy Taxi) still doesn't work. I even installed an old ati 5450.
    Is there anything besides C++ 2010 redistributable that I have to install to use Demul?

Demul developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    latest Demul versions (0.7a) doesn't require any of redisributables.

older 0.58x versions require MSVC 2010 redist and DirectX June 2010
    note: on Windows 8.x or 10 you still have to install DX redist! stock win 8/10 have only latest DX components versions preinstalled, but miss most of older ones.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

Ive recently had to buy a new laptop because my old one died but i am finding it really hard to get my emulators to work (PS1 managed to sort) but Dreamcast no matter which emulator i try, Chankast, NULLDC and DEMUL none will run.

I am starting to think this is down to Windows 10 because ive never had any problems with emulators in the past.

Does anyone know how what emulator/build will work for Windows 10

* AMD Quad-Core E2-7110
    * 8Gb DDR3L-1600 SDRAM
    * AMD Radeon™ R2 Graphics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalliC View Post
    What about a High performance CPU clocked at 3.7 GHZ with Intel HD?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifan68 View Post
    What about a High performance CPU clocked at 3.7 GHZ with Intel HD?
    The CPU is fine. I wouldn't recommend the Intel HD Graphics for Demul. For other emulators like Model 2 Emulator,Supermodel,and MAME, the Intel graphics should be fine. The new Intel Iris performance has increased than it's predecessors.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lasean walker View Post
    The CPU is fine. I wouldn't recommend the Intel HD Graphics for Demul. For other emulators like Model 2 Emulator,Supermodel,and MAME, the Intel graphics should be fine. The new Intel Iris performance has increased than it's predecessors.
    That's not true. If you don't know or haven't test it then you shouldn't say it. I recommend for more people with an Intel HD Graphics to test it at first. It is unconfirmed for now. Also, I have an Intel HD Graphic and its an OpenGl 4.1. Yes, Citra, Dolphin, PCSX2 and others worked just fine without a problem for my MAC.

I can't test Demul unless I have to use Windows 10 for my MacBook Pro to test. Someday, I might. Right now I am fine with recently emulators like above for powerful emulators. I test them myself.
    Model: MacBook Pro with a Retina, Mid 2014 (Purchased in March 28, 2015) -- macOS Sierra 10.12.6
    CPU: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphic Card: Intel Iris 1536 MB

iPhone 6+ - iOS 11.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azoreseuropa View Post
    That's not true. If you don't know or haven't test it then you shouldn't say it. I recommend for more people with an Intel HD Graphics to test it at first. It is unconfirmed for now. Also, I have an Intel HD Graphic and its an OpenGl 4.1. Yes, Citra, Dolphin, PCSX2 and others worked just fine without a problem for my MAC.

I can't test Demul unless I have to use Windows 10 for my MacBook Pro to test. Someday, I might. Right now I am fine with recently emulators like above for powerful emulators. I test them myself.
    I apologize dude.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lasean walker View Post
    I apologize dude.
    No apologise need. We are just telling you, that's all. No worries. SMILE!
    Model: MacBook Pro with a Retina, Mid 2014 (Purchased in March 28, 2015) -- macOS Sierra 10.12.6
    CPU: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphic Card: Intel Iris 1536 MB

iPhone 6+ - iOS 11.0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast