What's new

PSX v1.13 high pitched noise when frequency is over 11025hz

TrueTrouble

I have had no problems with PSX playing this game until last night. I am playing Digimon World 2 and have been using this same setup for years.

Suddenly last night there was a high pitched screeching sound in the audio. I saved my game, shut down and restarted, but it's still there. I like the music a lot so I have been messing around in the settings to see if I could fix it, and so far the only thing that takes it away is if I set the frequency to 11025hz. Anything above this frequency makes the screech.

The music sounds better at higher frequencies though, so does anyone know what this problem is and how to fix it? Cursory Google searching yields no relevant results for me.

If I start the game under a different file the screeching is gone. I'm really far and don't want to start all over again.

OP
T

TrueTrouble

Nearly a year later I've solved this.

I thought that my save was ruined because I never saved to the memory card before, and so I couldn't just reset the game to a time before the screeching. I tried opening closing the emulator and reloading the save file with no luck.

Just as an experiment I opened up my file today and went to save it on the memory card to see if I could reset without the screech, and it worked.

smcd

I haven't experienced this issue myself but thanks for coming back 'round & sharing the possible fix :)