What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Mario Kart 64 Reloaded

calvino

plugin (use it instead of rice) : here

texture pack (drop into hires_texture folder as a standard rice video texture pack) : here

plugin source (optional, for devs who want to take a look at the code) : here

for more information about this project (presentation, install instructions, contact, and so on) simply go to the project official website : search for "mario kart 64 reloaded" or "mariokartists" on google

Textures.Emulation64 Mirror

Luigi Raceway

01.png

video

Moo Moo Farm

02.png

video

Koopa Troopa Beach

03.png

video

Kalimari Desert

04.png

video

Toad's Turnpike

05.png

video

Frappe Snowland

06.png

video

Choco Mountain

07.png

video

Mario Raceway

08.png

video

Wario Stadium

09.png

video

Sherbet Land

10.png

video

Royal Raceway

11.png

video

Bowser's Castle

12.png

video

DK's Jungle Parkway

13.png

video

Yoshi Valley

14.png

video

Banshee Boardwalk

15.png

video

Rainbow Road

16.png

video

Win

win.png

video

plugin (use it instead of rice) : here

texture pack (drop into hires_texture folder as a standard rice video texture pack) : here

plugin source (optional, for devs who want to take a look at the code) : here

for more information about this project (presentation, install instructions, contact, and so on) simply go to the project official website : search for "mario kart 64 reloaded" or "mariokartists" on google

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Wonderful work however your archive Must Not contain the Rom itself.
Your version of Rice Video Does Not include the source code.

Please upload the texture pack alone.
If you wish I can upload the pack for you.

Last edited:
OP
C

calvino

thanks for the feedback NES_player4LIFE

don't really understand why you removed the links to the project website since it doesn't lead directly to the rom, and I doubt emutalk will have any legal issue for hosting a link to a website where the rom is available, but i adjusted the post text to try to conform as much as possible to the forum rules

I put it the links you're asking for directly into the original post, and would be glad to see you distribute this pack @ emulation64 or any other platform. Feel free to contact me for any information or file resource related to the project

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Thank you for your cooperation. We have always been against Roms included in emulator packs, Roms linked to posts, and links to sites that contain such.
What you are able to do is upload your pack/plugin combination (so long as the source is included)

I am not attacking you personalty but that is the policy.
Please also remove the ALL CAPS format, thanks.

Great work on the pack! It is nice to see a completed MK64 pack.

Thus saith the boss.

OP
C

calvino

i sent you a pm with the pack/plugin/source combination; thanks in advance for releasing it @ emulation64 :)

HootHoot

I am trying to build a Texture Pack based on this plugin, but its behaviour is weird.

For example I change the black wall in Luigis Raceway to red. As a result it shows the original hardcoded wall of the rom.
All in all various textures are not shown after editing. Also the whole menu textures seem to be ignored. However I encounter some of them sometimes, when using change track during race.

Everything works perfect with standard rice plugin.

Somebody could help me understand this, please? :)

Edit: I figured it partly out. This seems related to adobe writing metadata to the files. Hopefully this is also responsible for the menu files...

Last edited: