What's new

Having problems with running Resi 3: Nemesis (stuck at content warning screen)

NotVisceral

Ok, so I have been trying several things with this, be it pSX, ePSXe, PCSX, PCSXr, it doesn't matter, resi 3 always gets stuck on the content warning screen. I have been trying several things that are supposed to solve my problems, but not only did they not work, they were all for ePSXe. So I was wondering if someone would know anything about playing this on PCSXr (since that's the one i'm more comfortable with).
I've only tried playing it straight from the disc or creating an .ISO, haven't done much else really. Also, on a side note, when I press F4 (you know, to bring down that little qicksave window on the top right, but instead makes a black square appear)

Attachments

• Screen 1.png
    Screen 1.png
    223 KB · Views: 454

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What version of ePSXe were you using? A new version was released not that long ago. Anyway, at least according to the Internet, you are not the only one with this problem.

OP
N

NotVisceral

What version of ePSXe were you using? A new version was released not that long ago. Anyway, at least according to the Internet, you are not the only one with this problem.

i was using the latest version i found on their website. Also, yes, I know i'm not the only one with this problem, I've been searching the last 2 days, and the only way I could play this again is if i found my old PS1 somewhere in the mess that is my basement (or attic, or my parent's house, I can't remember honestly, haven't seen it in feckin' years)

OP
N

NotVisceral

OK, so I was messing with the plugins in ePSXe, and I'm not completely sure what I did, but it worked.
I downloaded some different Video and Audio Plugins and changed their options a bit, i also changed a lot of other things so I'm not completely sure what was it that caused it to work.
"pbernert dot com" here's where I found them. I downloaded the P.E.Op.S video Plugin (GPU section) and same for audio (DPU section) probably because those are for older or weak computers (like mine). Just leaving it here for future visitors with the same problem as me.