What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Glide64 2.0.0.5 not loading textures in Project64 2.2.0.3

CaptinChupa

Woo lord.

Okay, I haven't played an N64 game in ages and got it in my head I needed to play some No Mercy. Grabbed a couple of texture packs, thought Glide looked relatively simple- HAH.

I'm on a Windows 10 PC, 64 bit, running Project64 2.2.0.3, with Glide64 2.0.0.5. Nothing but problems so far. It doesn't even attempt to load textures. It dumps them fine, but no load. Tried some instrux in a tutorial here about where to put the textures (I have them in Project64 2.2/Textures/WWF No Mercy/), and I've had them in about 70,000 other places as well, but if there's a load notification, I haven't seen it, and when I go in, I've checked all the wrestlers, no hi res textures anywhere. (Currently trying to load a Mortal Kombat set.)

Additionally I have 2 versions of N-Rage - 2.3c and "For PJ64" 2.4.0.4 - and no matter what, whether I have the plugin or the emulator handle the .mpk files that came with it, no go. If I have the plugin handle it, it says the file is the wrong size and might be damaged, and doesn't load it, and the game acts like there is no save there.

I've been beating my head against the wall for the better part of the last 24 hours trying to figure all of this out. I can't seem to find anything online indicating that I'm doing anything wrong or that anyone else is having the problems I am, and I have no idea what the heck could be wrong. Any assistance would be greatly, greatly appreciated. I used to run a fantasy efed for 7 years off of the Smackdown/2kX series, and then for about a year off of M****ie's Wrestling Encore games, and now I'm thinking about transferring the fed characters into No Mercy for the hell of it, but if I can't get mods to work, seems like kind of a moot point.

Thanks so much!

EDIT: I have no idea what changed, but right after I posted this, it cached all of the textures into a .dat file located in Textures/cache/. However, it still doesn't seem to be actually loading them in- I can't locate any of the textures on any of the in-game characters and I tried creating a character and couldn't find them, either. Weird.

EDIT 2: Found a lil more info, ends up the textures aren't named correctly, so they aren't replacing anything. Found out by dumping a few textures and editing one, and boom, worked like a charm. Still have the issues with the N-Rage save bit, but at least it's something! Thanks!

Last edited: