What's new

Demul speed

Artman99

I only use Demul for a handful of titles - Assorted Cap vs SNK, FOTNS, and a few other titles. What I don't understand is why these titles will run in MAME at a not-so-impressive 5-10 fps, yet run just fine in Demul. I realize MAME, by design, attempts to emulate exact board functions - does Demul somehow bypass some of the boards to correctly play the roms?

Also - I thought I saw MetalliC on the HAZE webpage. Are you trying to get MAME to handle these games at Demul-level speeds? Is that even possible with MAME's architecture? Just curious.

spotanjo3

You have a good question.. A great question. It is better for professional and knowledgement of Demul is Demul Forum over there:

http://demul.emulation64.com

The team that developed this emulator is there. They own the forum and it will give you the best answer to your questions there. :)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
MAME emulates everything in software, and does not implement dynamic recompilation of any kind (as MAME's focus is on accurate emulation of the target hardware). Demul on the other hand has dedicated plugins that make use of graphics acceleration (hardware acceleration insteadd of software) and uses dynamic recompilation by default for a huge speed boost (even though Interpreter is an option in Demul, no one who uses Demul to play games has the Interpreter mode enabled for obvious reasons).

You speed for accuracy and vice versa, especially when emulating systems that sport 3D graphics hardware. The more complex the hardware (and the further it is form "standard" PC hardware), the bigger the tradeoff.

Last edited:

Haiku

You have a good question.. A great question. It is better for professional and knowledgement of Demul is Demul Forum over there:

http://demul.emulation64.com/

The team that developed this emulator is there. They own the forum and it will give you the best answer to your questions there. :)
Why are you linking to their main site? It's not a forum? Their links take you to here to discuss Demul which is probably how OP found this place.

Last edited by a moderator:

spotanjo3

Why are you linking to their main site? It's not a forum? Their links take you to here to discuss Demul which is probably how OP found this place.

Haiku.. They are the developers that made this emulator. The best 100 percent answer should go to them. They are very helpful. It will save your trouble. We can help but we are not 100 percent, thought. ;)

Haiku

I know that.. but what I'm saying is, there's no way to talk to them on the link you provided unless you mean their IRC channel or emu-russia. They link to here for English discussion.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

I know that.. but what I'm saying is, there's no way to talk to them on the link you provided unless you mean their IRC channel or emu-russia. They link to here for English discussion.

Yes I understand and thats why I didn't merge English to here but a Russian Forum. However, you can just register there and CaH4e3 is there and you can pm him or make a new thread. It doesn't matter. I have seen someone speaks English over there. I am not saying about English link over here. That's why I am trying to tell you to pm him or sign in and make a new thread there either way. Its helpful. They are very friendly, really. Hope that he can answer your questions that you are seeking. Sadly, he don't came here because never seen him in here so why bother? ;)

Last edited:

Haiku

Then maybe you're right.. Everyone should post over there. It's pointless if it won't be seen..