Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Emulator Developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This looks very promising. There were a lot of people unhappy with the removal of the old GUI applications in Mupen64Plus 2.0, so I'm sure there will be much rejoicing if you get this front-end completed to a good state. What language / frameworks are you using for this? You can join us on irc at #mupen64plus on freenode if you have any technical questions.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard42 View Post
    This looks very promising. There were a lot of people unhappy with the removal of the old GUI applications in Mupen64Plus 2.0, so I'm sure there will be much rejoicing if you get this front-end completed to a good state. What language / frameworks are you using for this? You can join us on irc at #mupen64plus on freenode if you have any technical questions.
    Hey @Richard42 !

Wonderful to see the lead dev on Mupen64Plus weigh in here.
    I actually have hired a graphics artist to do a better job with the front-end, to make it more professional.

The concept will stay the same, but have even more features.
    This is written in Lua, using the Corona SDK (which is free to use). I will also be open sourcing this.

The only downside is that this will only work on Linux via Wine. The SDK i'm using doesn't support Linux.
    I may write a LOVE2D version to get around that limitation however. Depending on how well it is received.

I am actually having difficulty with controller mapping. For instance, I created a config for an xbox one controller, and used the same values that the Windows game controller verifier program reported, but Mupen still didn't use the correct buttons.

So, i'll jump on your IRC channel, and hopefully you can fill me in on the intricacies
    Proud Moderator Of Emutalk.net

* I develop software for: iOS, Android, Mac, Linux & Windows.
    * Proficient in C#, C, C++, Objective-C, Java, Swift, Lua. Also know some: PHP.

Want to help EmuTalk? Want us to relive the glory days of old? Ping me, I would love to hear your ideas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12