Thread: PCSX - Graphics

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

PCSX - Graphics

Hello guys,

I installed the PCSX in my Linux (Slackware) but the graphics are so bad, I try the option available on the PCSX but anyone worked.

Someone here could give me a help about it??

Thanks.

16-bit Corpse | Moderator Agozer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Elaborate on "graphics are so bad".

ElektroDragon: I hate dying over and over. I don't learn from my mistakes. I couldn't play Dark Souls because of this. I bought the Bloodborne Collector's Edition. Like I said, I don't learn from my mistakes!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agozer View Post
    Elaborate on "graphics are so bad".
    Hi,
    So, I`m talking about the quality of the image, I think I am not using the right configuration, but I don't know which is the right.
    I attached some pictures of the emulator's image(Alundra, classic) and the current graphics configuration.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alundra.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	39821   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alundra1.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	39822   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alundra2.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	39823   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alundra3.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	39824   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alundra4.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	39825  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alundra5.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	39826   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alundra7.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	39827   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alundra6.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	39828   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Configuration.png 
Views:	243 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	39829  

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crls View Post
    Hi,
    So, I`m talking about the quality of the image, I think I am not using the right configuration, but I don't know which is the right.
    I attached some pictures of the emulator's image(Alundra, classic) and the current graphics configuration.

Thanks.
    First the resolution of the original game is probably fairly low (Alundra I see you are playing).
    Second you are using the Slackware PCSX is that PCSX-r or PCSX? They are somewhat different. I suggest you be careful with the scaling done to the video. You should make it an integer multiple of the PSX game resolution. Tomb rader was fond of 512x240 (for some reason) alundra is like 320x240 (IE 960x720 might make it appear more correct).
    Alundra was not done with 3d in mind so it's alignment etc is handled at the pixel level. Further even if 3d the PSX doesn't handle things at the subpixel level either so things can look odd because of the resolution one is displaying at.

Good fortune in tuning your configuraton, this is why 14 years ago they used a configuration manager for playing PS1 games as each game often required a different set of configurations to work optimally.

Cyb
    Progress (n.):
    The process through which the Internet has evolved from smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of smart terminals.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Recursive (adj):
    see Recursive

16-bit Corpse | Moderator Agozer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've never had to use different configurations for different games at least in ePSXe and the right plugins, but then again, I'm on Windows. I don't use Linux and I've seldom used PCSX for that matter, but judging by the screenshots there's definitely something wonky in the way the emulator/graphics plugin handles video scaling.

But yeah, video scaling should always be a proper multiple of the game own resolution, otherwise you end up with something close or worse than those screenshots.

p.s. What the hell is that blue rectable behind the game screen?
    Last edited by Agozer; March 7th, 2016 at 00:49.

ElektroDragon: I hate dying over and over. I don't learn from my mistakes. I couldn't play Dark Souls because of this. I bought the Bloodborne Collector's Edition. Like I said, I don't learn from my mistakes!