What's new

PCSX - Graphics

Crls

Hello guys,

I installed the PCSX in my Linux (Slackware) but the graphics are so bad, I try the option available on the PCSX but anyone worked.

Someone here could give me a help about it??

Thanks.

OP
C

Crls

Elaborate on "graphics are so bad".

Hi,
So, I`m talking about the quality of the image, I think I am not using the right configuration, but I don't know which is the right.
I attached some pictures of the emulator's image(Alundra, classic) and the current graphics configuration.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Alundra.jpg
    Alundra.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 360
  • Alundra1.jpg
    Alundra1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 330
  • Alundra2.jpg
    Alundra2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 342
  • Alundra3.jpg
    Alundra3.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 309
  • Alundra4.jpg
    Alundra4.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 331
  • Alundra5.jpg
    Alundra5.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 317
  • Alundra7.jpg
    Alundra7.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 326
  • Alundra6.jpg
    Alundra6.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 334
  • Configuration.png
    Configuration.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 353

Cyberman

Hi,
So, I`m talking about the quality of the image, I think I am not using the right configuration, but I don't know which is the right.
I attached some pictures of the emulator's image(Alundra, classic) and the current graphics configuration.

Thanks.
First the resolution of the original game is probably fairly low (Alundra I see you are playing).
Second you are using the Slackware PCSX is that PCSX-r or PCSX? They are somewhat different. I suggest you be careful with the scaling done to the video. You should make it an integer multiple of the PSX game resolution. Tomb rader was fond of 512x240 (for some reason) alundra is like 320x240 (IE 960x720 might make it appear more correct).
Alundra was not done with 3d in mind so it's alignment etc is handled at the pixel level. Further even if 3d the PSX doesn't handle things at the subpixel level either so things can look odd because of the resolution one is displaying at.

Good fortune in tuning your configuraton, this is why 14 years ago they used a configuration manager for playing PS1 games as each game often required a different set of configurations to work optimally.

Cyb

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I've never had to use different configurations for different games at least in ePSXe and the right plugins, but then again, I'm on Windows. I don't use Linux and I've seldom used PCSX for that matter, but judging by the screenshots there's definitely something wonky in the way the emulator/graphics plugin handles video scaling.

But yeah, video scaling should always be a proper multiple of the game own resolution, otherwise you end up with something close or worse than those screenshots.

p.s. What the hell is that blue rectable behind the game screen?

Last edited: