What's new

Controllers

Robinrola

Hi all!
I was having some trouble trying to get my PS4 controller to work with Project64 Version 1.6 and I was wondering if someone could help me.

Thanks in advance! :D

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What controller plugin are you using? Does Windows properly recognize all buttons and sticks? If you're not already using it, you might want to try the N-Rage input plugin.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I was using DS4 if that's what you mean
No, I was talking about the controller plugin used by Project64 to handle inputs. By the sound of it, you might as well be using the default Jabo's DirectInput plugin, which might explain why it has trouble with the DS4. Therefore, my original advice stands: use the N-Rage input plugin.

You might want to upgrade to Project64 2.2.0.3, as it comes with N-Rage, not to mention a plethora of fixes and other improvements.

OP
R

Robinrola

No, I was talking about the controller plugin used by Project64 to handle inputs. By the sound of it, you might as well be using the default Jabo's DirectInput plugin, which might explain why it has trouble with the DS4. Therefore, my original advice stands: use the N-Rage input plugin.

You might want to upgrade to Project64 2.2.0.3, as it comes with N-Rage, not to mention a plethora of fixes and other improvements.

Thank you very much! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I have a problem though, which is that 2.2 tries to download ad software

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, I found a different download link

OP
R

Robinrola

So, I've found one more problem, which was that it couldn't find a second controller (the emu) when I tried to play Pokemon Stadium 2

V1del

Did you "plug" it in? (Checked the checkbox in the input plugin that a second controller is plugged in?)

OP
R

Robinrola

Yes I did. It was always the controller for player 2 that wasn't working, like, the emu couldn't detect it. DS3 could detect it, but Proj64 couldn't

V1del

Did you check the XInput checkbox on Nrage? Whatever 3rd party program you use it likely will implement the Xinput API in which case you have to enable this in Nrage's setting

reddrgn34

Hi! I am also having some issues with getting pokemon stadium 2 to recognize the second controller. I just downloaded project64 today and have spent the bulk of the day configuring it all out for the wireless PS4 controllers to work, now I am at the same stopping point as OP. Everything is recognized except the p1 controller controls EVERYTHING.

I have checked the XInput box but now I have a new menu and I'm not entirely sure where to go from there. I am going to continue working on it to see if I can figure this out but I just want to play -_-,

{EDIT}

I configured the button lay out for the XInput for both of the controllers, just one at a time and neither of them and my p1 controller stil is the only one that PS2 will recognize.

I saved the XInput profiles to p1/p2 respectively but the mapping is off.

But hey, at least I can vs against my friends and family now with my army of Scythers! Long Live Bladed speed!

Last edited: