What's new

Light gun games in Demul, help a noob please?

BuckoA51

Hi everyone,

So, I'm sorry for being such a total noob but I've Googled and can't find the answer to what should be a really basic question....

I want to play House of the Dead 2 and use my mouse to emulate the light-gun, how do I do this? If I select Light Gun in Maple Device Manager, Demul just doesn't read any of my inputs.

Thanks in advance.

MetalliC

Demul developer
in this case PortA must be set to Lightgun for Player 1 or PortB for player 2.
mouse wheel will cycle through menus, it's click = start button. make sure go to game options and do light gun calibration procedure there.

OP
B

BuckoA51

Ah thank you, clicking the mouse wheel for Start was what I was missing! Are 2 players with a mouse each supported or is that not possible?

Last edited:
OP
B

BuckoA51

So I had this working now randomly it's just stopped and won't read my mouse at all.

I have Maple device manager set like this:-

sorry it won't let me attach a picture. I have lightgun in port 1 and controller in port 2.

But Demul won't read the mouse at all now, can't click wheel for start, can't navigate menus, nothing. :( I've tried lightgun in both ports, lightgun in 1 controller in another, nothing in port 2, nothing works any more.

Really can't figure out what I changed, it's as if it was working one day and just randomly not the next, any ideas anyone?

Mouse wheel is working normally in other Windows apps

Edit - Went to try it in Windows 7 but Demul 0.582 apparently doesn't work in Windows 7 (just instantly crashes)... :\

Edit 2 - Got it working in Demul 0.7 Alpha, refuses to work in 0.582 still, weird, I could have sworn it worked in both before.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

So I had this working now randomly it's just stopped and won't read my mouse at all.

I have Maple device manager set like this:-

sorry it won't let me attach a picture. I have lightgun in port 1 and controller in port 2.

But Demul won't read the mouse at all now, can't click wheel for start, can't navigate menus, nothing. :( I've tried lightgun in both ports, lightgun in 1 controller in another, nothing in port 2, nothing works any more.

Really can't figure out what I changed, it's as if it was working one day and just randomly not the next, any ideas anyone?

Mouse wheel is working normally in other Windows apps

Edit - Went to try it in Windows 7 but Demul 0.582 apparently doesn't work in Windows 7 (just instantly crashes)... :\

Edit 2 - Got it working in Demul 0.7 Alpha, refuses to work in 0.582 still, weird, I could have sworn it worked in both before.

I understand your frustration but your best way to ask is at Demul forum. The developer is there and can be able to answer your question more easily.

spotanjo3

I thought this was the official forum for Demul :) It's been one of those days....

True but we might be able to help you or not. The developer over there is the best for you since they made this emulator and they will be able to help you better than we are. :)

OP
B

BuckoA51

I figured part of the problem might be the Xbox One controller. Microsoft screwed up the DirectInput drivers on their latest update and it's causing issues with a lot of software. So if anyone stumbles across this thread try disconnecting your Xbox one controller if you have one.