Thread: My z64gl fork

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

N64 My z64gl fork

I wanted to post here that I worked on improving the z64gl plugin http://www.emutalk.net/threads/40640...raphics-plugin
    You can download my version here: https://github.com/purplemarshmallow/z64/releases
    Put SDL.dll in the emulator's directiory
    Put z64gl.dll and z64gl.conf in the plugin directory

Changelog:
    Merged improvements from other forks (angrylion's fork, mupen64plus fork)
    switch to Visual Studio (this improved the plugin's performance)
    fix problem where textures mess up over time
    fix output in 32 bit games (Mario no Photopi, Quake II, ...)
    update glew to 1.13
    some other changes

Last edited by Mr. 64; May 19th, 2016 at 22:00.

Texture Pack Invader NES_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Great News!

Stickied!
    -NES
    We are in the process of archiving all qualifying texture packs!
    Contact me via PM to have your N64 texture pack hosted on Emulation64.com!
    Having a hard time loading Large packs? Be sure to patch your emulator.
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.

Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Some cool ideas here.

When it comes to z64gl, I am sure there is a lot that can be tackled, though I have been lazy and have not at this minute gotten around to pulling from your fork yet to try it. My biggest interest will be to know that it compiles and runs for 64-bit non-Windows emulators so that we will finally have an available LLE plugin that isn't software-only for other platforms. GLEW I know should not be that difficult to get rid of; OpenGL extensions can be done pretty simply through a custom API so that no GLEW run-time is necessary.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Please tell me what Emulator are YOU using? I have followed the instructions to install it and I cannot get it to work on any of my Project64 versions. I would appreciate your answer.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm using Project64
    With Project64 2.X you need to disable "Graphics HLE" under Settings->Plugins

- - - Updated - - -

I uploaded a new build
    Some bugs have been fixed. Iconoclast/cxd4 removed the glew dependency, so glew32.dll is no longer needed

Super Bowling framebuffer effects are now working with this plugin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hmm...SDL.dll I think is not something ziggy's releases really depended against.

I know his z64gl sources do comprise of SDL code, but I think it's conditionally #define'd out by whatever he was passing to the GNU Makefile. (Maybe this was just never written into the distributed makefiles for MinGW or MSVC.) I can't really test or pull-request this to you though since I'm not running Windows these days.

But yes, GLEW32.DLL was pretty easy to remove. Good luck on researching those other RDP endeavors.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Indiana Jones (E) unreleased version, looks good here and getting reasonable performance, between 40-50 VI's during the first level.

I gave Body Harvest a try. Clipping is even worse than with Jabo. I fell through the first bridge, it's impossible to cross.

Edit: Made an issue on your github page for Goldeneye, missing white textures.
    Last edited by Frank74; August 18th, 2016 at 16:22.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nashisemo View Post
    Please tell me what Emulator are YOU using? I have followed the Wealthy Affiliate instructions to install it and I cannot get it to work on any of my Project64 versions. I would appreciate your answer.
    Hi Mr 64. I love your version of this plugin, thanks for putting it together. Are you still doing stuff with it? Any future plans for it?
    Last edited by Indigoo; September 28th, 2017 at 10:49.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice to hear that
    Yes I'm working on better VI emulation but it still needs work so I've put it in a branch. You can check it out here if you're interested: https://github.com/purplemarshmallow/z64/issues/39