What's new

config file wont save

Bluerose

Hi I have tried countless times to figure out exactly how to save my configuration settings for my Logitech controller but it keeps getting replaced every time i open up Mupenplus and mupenplus Qt

Which file are we supposed to be editing :

InputAutoCfg.ini or mupen64plus.cfg?

This seems to be a very big problem that many users have. I was not able to find the solution anywhere online and was wondering if there is a solution to this or is it a bug?

Last edited:

Presence

Hi I have tried countless times to figure out exactly how to save my configuration settings for my Logitech controller but it keeps getting replaced every time i open up Mupenplus and mupenplus Qt

Which file are we supposed to be editing :

InputAutoCfg.ini or mupen64plus.cfg?

This seems to be a very big problem that many users have. I was not able to find the solution anywhere online and was wondering if there is a solution to this or is it a bug?

Find the section for your controller in mupen64plus.cfg. Edit this line:
Code:
# Controller configuration mode: 0=Fully Manual, 1=Auto with named SDL Device, 2=Fully automatic
mode = 0

It will probably be set to 2. Set it to 0 for Mupen64Plus to keep the controller configuration you set and save the file. If you set it to 1 or 2, it will pull the controller configuration from InputAutoCfg.ini every time it loads.

OP
B

Bluerose

Thanks for your reply. I tried your method numerous times with no luck. Here's what I discovered after hours of tinkering. The "mupen64plus.cfg" is always overwritten no matter what you put into it.

It is the contents of the "InputAutoCfg.ini " file that tell the mupen64plus.cfg file what to do. I was not able to successfully use mupen64plus-qt to configure my controller settings, as this app deals only with the "mupen64plus.cfg" file, which will will always be overwritten.

The only way to manually adjust the controller settings in mupen64plus is to manually input numbers into the nputAutoCfg.ini file.

Richard42

Emulator Developer
I think this is a bug in the qt front-end application. Can you try modifying your .cfg file and then running the console-ui application? It does not overwrite the input sections when their mode is set to 0.