What's new

demul Naomi VMU

TALooN_X

Hi guys! First time posting here.

Wanted to ask a question in regards to VMU access through Naomi games on demul.

I've setup the Maple Manager to use a controller in port 1 with the VMU/VMS with my Street Fighter Zero 3 save files for Dramcast. But once loading Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper on Naomi, I can't for the life of me get the service menu to register any form of VMU. I have selected the SEGA and Capcom setting under the VM option in the Service Menu but it just says the ports are empty.

My question is, does the Naomi side of this emulator support VMU files at all? Or does it need a physical VMU plugged into the system via cable?

Cheers! :)

MetalliC

Demul developer
in Naomi Port A hardcoded to internal JVS host MCU. the rest (B, C, D) can be configured as desired, games will be able to access them if they want.

OP
T

TALooN_X

in Naomi Port A hardcoded to internal JVS host MCU. the rest (B, C, D) can be configured as desired, games will be able to access them if they want.

MASSSSSSSSIVE thumbs up!
My problem is that I kept putting the VMU in Port A expecting it to work! Thanks heaps for that!

TheArcadeStrike

MASSSSSSSSIVE thumbs up!
My problem is that I kept putting the VMU in Port A expecting it to work! Thanks heaps for that!

And can you please tell how you fixed the problem? I have the same issue and I have no clue how to fix it or what the answer is on this post.

TheArcadeStrike

Uhh...what does that mean? I don't find anything about NAOMI Port A on DEMUL. If you could have a clearer explantation about how to set the VMU for NAOMI games, I would appreaciate that you gave it.

MetalliC

Demul developer
as was already said - devices configured in 'Maple Device Manager' for ports B,C,D can be accessed by NAOMI games, I don't know that else can be added to this.

default emulator settings have it already set - Port B set to 'Controller' with VMU, which can be used by several NAOMI games.
so it will work 'out of the box', unless some "smart" user changed settings and broke it.

Last edited:

TheArcadeStrike

as was already said - devices configured in 'Maple Device Manager' for ports B,C,D can be accessed by NAOMI games, I don't know that else can be added to this.

default emulator settings have it already set - Port B set to 'Controller' with VMU, which can be used by several NAOMI games.
so it will work 'out of the box', unless some "smart" user changed settings and broke it.

Thanks so much! Now I can play with my blue 10/80 special! :D