What's new

Project64 2.2.0.3 HD Help needed

Ruku

I am searching for a way to edit and/or replace my Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask Textures and Models for characters, preferably Link, and Ocarina of Time. I downloaded textures for OoT, however, when I added the files to GFX and selected them files using my PJ64 V2.2.0.3, the emulator ended in crash and then forced itself shut. I know I am doing something wrong, but haven't been able to find out what.

It may be that I'm adding it to the wrong folder, or I am using the wrong emulator for to MOD. I hope this isn't against the rules, but can anyone help me out?

Hi, my name is Ruku, and I am asking for your help.

I'm using Windows 10 Dell Vostro 1000, 32 bit, ATI graphics (HDG).

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What settings are you using in the Glide64 graphics plugin? I'm assuming that's what you're using.

OP
Ruku

Ruku

What settings are you using in the Glide64 graphics plugin? I'm assuming that's what you're using.
When ever I use GLideN64 Public Release 1, set the directory for textures to the folder so I will just assume my version of PJ64 can't handle that. What Project 64 version do most people use for the Public Release 1? Also what am I doing wrong, I want to know how to use new models for the characters and even textures. Textures alone would make me happy, but Link looks weird and I want him to look better. (Ocarina of time is what all this is for, but I wouldn't mind learning about Majora's mask too).

Can you help?

Agozer

Do you actually have the full texture pack and not just the cache file? Make sure that you selected a texture format in the graphics plugin options.

On another note, Project64 2.2.0.3 already comes with a version of Glide64.

Last edited:
OP
Ruku

Ruku

Do you actually have the full texture pack and not just the cache file? Make sure that you selected a texture format in the graphics plugin options.

On another note, Project64 2.2.0.3 already comes with a version of Glide64.

What you mean? If this is anything like SSBB mods, then I assume you need to rename folders for them to work with the emulator? Can you explain what I need to name the files for it to work? I want to be able to use new models for the game as well as well as new textures. I downloaded THE LEGEND OF ZELDA V6 and want for them to work in game. I also have the Project 64 versions, 2.1 and 1.6.

Agozer

At least when using Project64 2.2.0.3, the folder than has the new textures must be placed in Project64's Textures folder, and must have the same name as the ROM image's internal name. You can check the ROM's internal name via File --> Rom Info. IIRC, at least for Ocarina of Time, it's THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA. Next go to Confiure Graphics Plugin (I'm using Glide64 for PJ64 2.0.0.5 that cames with Project64 as reference here, mind you), and go to the Texture enchancement tab. Click on the Best texture quality button (or fiddle with the options to your liking) and make sure at least Rice is selected under Texture Format. Click OK and try to run the game.

Note that I'm strictly talking about textures here, not models.

OP
Ruku

Ruku

At least when using Project64 2.2.0.3, the folder than has the new textures must be placed in Project64's Textures folder, and must have the same name as the ROM image's internal name. You can check the ROM's internal name via File --> Rom Info. IIRC, at least for Ocarina of Time, it's THE_LEGEND_OF_ZELDA. Next go to Confiure Graphics Plugin (I'm using Glide64 for PJ64 2.0.0.5 that cames with Project64 as reference here, mind you), and go to the Texture enchancement tab. Click on the Best texture quality button (or fiddle with the options to your liking) and make sure at least Rice is selected under Texture Format. Click OK and try to run the game.

Note that I'm strictly talking about textures here, not models.
Will this load the textures? I thought I need to make a folder called cache and put it in plugin/GFX/cache? Do I name a folder cache or do I simply do exactly would you said? I ask because most of the time, I make mistakes due to lack of details and/or information.

Agozer

Yes. That should/will load the textures. I don't have a cache folder under Plugin/GX (perhaps GLideN64 works differently compared to the Glide64 that is bundled with Project64). If used the method detailed above with Sin and Punishment and it works flawlessly.

If you've checked 'Save texture cache on disk', a cache folder is created in the Textures folder and the texture cache for the game will be created there. You can also create this folder yourself if you have an existing cache file and put said file in that folder.

P.S. Even if you're using GLideN64, you can still choose where it looks for texture pack data. I think it saves the cache under Plugin/GFX/cache, unlike Glide64.

Last edited: