What's new

How to run KOF XI on DEMUL

Shayaan_Mustafa

Hello experts,

I have searched that we can play KOF XI on arcade using DEMUL.

I have downloaded KOF XI rom file which is 222MB approx.

But yet I am unable to run this game on DEMUL. I have set rom path in configuration. I have seen youtube videos which are running this game successfully.

What other files are required to run this game on DEMUL?

Thank you.

PS: Let me know if we can play it on MAME32 too.

OP
S

Shayaan_Mustafa

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

You can see the attached image which shows the error. You can also see the that I am using latest version of DEMUL (demul07a_221215).

You can also see that I have added awbios.zip and kofxi.zip in the roms folder.

Kindly tell me what should I do to run kofxi?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    157.5 KB · Views: 2,674
Last edited:
OP
S

Shayaan_Mustafa

Hello, Thank you for your reply.

Here are the screen shot from dxdiag.exe

Kindly let me know what should I do to run kofxi on PC. Don't tell me to run MUGEN because it is not good.

MAME32 can also be an option but I have tried kofxi on MAME32 too but no success.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    53.2 KB · Views: 601
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    53.8 KB · Views: 459

MetalliC

Demul developer
your PC is quite old and desn't supports DirectX 11.
but you can try ancient emulator versions, like 0.5.7 or 0.5.8.2 with DX10 renderer
visuals most likely will be crappy, but at least it will somehow work.

spotanjo3

Hello, Thank you for your reply.

Here are the screen shot from dxdiag.exe

Kindly let me know what should I do to run kofxi on PC. Don't tell me to run MUGEN because it is not good.

MAME32 can also be an option but I have tried kofxi on MAME32 too but no success.

Don't worry because MUGEN is just fan made.. Not a original made by company like Sega, Capcom, Nintendo and such. :)

Sadly, your PC is so outdated. I recommend you to get a new one. This emulator is not for your old PC, really. I know.. I feel your pain. :(

Try the older version for DX10 and maybe your game will be okay.. Be warn, it might be crappy or something. Just let us know how you are doing with this game for DX10 and older DEMUL version.

OP
S

Shayaan_Mustafa

Thanks for your deep reply.

I have 3 queries:

1) How did you check that my PC is so outdated. Which thing made you to say this? Kindly point out.
2) which version of DEMUL should I use? Kindly tell me the version.
3) Which version of DX10 should I use? Kindly tell me the exact version.

Thank you again.

- - - Updated - - -

your PC is quite old and desn't supports DirectX 11.
but you can try ancient emulator versions, like 0.5.7 or 0.5.8.2 with DX10 renderer
visuals most likely will be crappy, but at least it will somehow work.

My PC supports DX11. See my attached image of dxdiag. Which says DirectX Version: DirectX 11

And there is no DEMUL 0.5.7 or DEMUL 0.5.8.2 but there is DEMUL 0.57 and 0.582. See the attached image.

When I install the older version of DEMUL then should I install DX10 and uninstall DX11. Right?

Thank you.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    18.7 KB · Views: 2,508

MetalliC

Demul developer
on screens can be seen your PC specs, it is developed about 2008, ie ~7 years old

dxdiag says you have DX11 software installed, but yours hardware (Intel G41) doesn't capable of its features, it is DX10-compilant at best

as was said - take Demul v0.57 or v0582
in last case make sure to choose gpuDX10 video plugin

you don't need to uninstall any DirectX software, latest redistributable package (June 2010) contain all older versions as well

Last edited:

spotanjo3

A new PC and LAPTOP have i3 through i7. You have is Core 2 Duo and its too old. Demul might run this PC but not as good as i3. I highly recommend you to buy i3 since its cheap. Core 2 Duo is so OUTDATED. Believe me because I know.

But I have windows 7. It doesn't support DX10.

Can you send your link for download DX10?

Go to Google and type DX10.. Or here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Again.. it is not going to help you at all. You might have some graphic error or slow down speed because of Core 2 DUO.

Again.. It doesn't matter if you have Windows 7, Windows 8 or so. Core 2 DUO is so outdated. Demul team run this emulator on their PC/LAPTOP much higher and run better than Core 2 Duo. Get a i3 as affordable right now. Since i5 and i7 might be a little bit expensive right if you cannot afford it.

Last edited: