What's new

Issues with Spyro 2 (E) on OpenEmu

MrJiavo

Hello, i have a little problem with Spyro 2 (European Version) after the two first levels, when i try to start a new level the load screen starts normaly and the cutscene too. But when the cutscene was ended the result was just a black screen.

I think it was the antipiracy block.
I try to put and rename the sbi file in a lot of folders but nothing..

I use the latest version of OpeEmu an emulator for Mac OSX and i use the cue file of the game for start it

How i can fix that? The emulator don't has an patch folder :/

Thx

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Does the same thing happen in the NTSC/U version of the game? What I've noticed is that many PSX emulator emulate NTSC games better than their PAL counterparts.

OP
MrJiavo

MrJiavo

Does the same thing happen in the NTSC/U version of the game? What I've noticed is that many PSX emulator emulate NTSC games better than their PAL counterparts.

Mmmh i can try, but i prefer to play it in italian. Anyway you have an idea for solve this problem?

Cyberman

Mmmh i can try, but i prefer to play it in italian. Anyway you have an idea for solve this problem?

I'm not familiar with the PS1 emulator that OpenEmu using (Mednafen) you may wish to look on that site to see if their was a bug fix.
The site mentioned Vib ribbon but not Spyro 2.
However it depends on how good the BIOS emulation is in the emulator. Specifically European BIOS were VERY different than the NTSC versions. So some things might not exactly work the same. Companies were forbidden to use bare metal (some idiots did that anyways and their games didn't work in the next Ps1 release) so the BIOS calls were incorperated as part of the developement software for the PS1 (PsyQ).

So in summary it could be that the bios emulation in Mednafen isn't perfect. IF they used PCSX as there code base it DEFINATELY isn't (buggy).

Cyb

Last edited:
OP
MrJiavo

MrJiavo

Thx for the answers. I try to find a solution, if i found the right bios or a way to fix them i post the all in this topic.