3DSen VR: https://store.steampowered.com/app/954280

---------------------------------------------------------

Update 08/03/2016

Finally the beta is ready:
http://tructv.bitbucket.org/3dnes/
It only runs on Firefox for now.
Have fun!

Update 19/02/2016

The beta release candidature trailer with many new features : better shape segmentation algorithm, transparency, z layers etc ...

-------------------------------------
Hello everybody,
I'm currently working on a 3D Nes Emulator project.
Yes what i'm trying to do is convert every nes game into 3D game with all 3d features like lighting, shadows and even first person view.
Here are several clips that showcase the current state of my project:

I'm seeking feedback from the community.
If you want to know any detail about my project, just ask and i will reply.
Thank you for any suggestion.

Last edited:

Gamester42

This is amazing looking! Excellent work! I for one really want an emulator like this! In fact, I just joined this site only to reply to this post, lol.

I'm assume this is based on the voxel 3d Linux emulator that one guy was working on maybe? Do you have a beta version for Windows we could test out?

Last edited:
OP
G

geod

This is amazing looking! Excellent work! I for one really want an emulator like this! In fact, I just joined this site only to reply to this post, lol.

I'm assume this is based on the voxel 3d Linux emulator that one guy was working on maybe? Do you have a beta version for Windows we could test out?

Yes and No. This guy inspired me but my project has nothing to do with his.
I'm planning to release a web-based beta version so that everyone can test it out.

Last edited:

Gamester42

Ah, ok; I thought yours looked way better than the other guy's, lol.

That's awesome; in that case are you building it with Flash code? Will there be a Windows program version of it too?

OP
G

geod

Ah, ok; I thought yours looked way better than the other guy's, lol.

That's awesome; in that case are you building it with Flash code? Will there be a Windows program version of it too?

I'm using Unity3D so there will be a version for every platform. Beta version will come out on web first so everyone can test it.

Last edited:

Gamester42

Wow, that will be awesome! Are you actually having to go through each NES game and manually model all the objects or is the code using some algorithm to extrude the sprites into 3D models? I ask this because it looks like in the SMB video that the green pipes are actually round modeled pipes as apposed to just the original sprite shape being extruded; so something other than just basic extrusion must be going on there.

OP
G

geod

Everything is calculated automaticaly in runtime. Nothing is done manually.

colejones

My sentiment exactly! Noticed this and while I didn't check out all the clips till a little later, am impressed with the work. awesome geod! look forward to testing out the web version of the emulator soon.

OP
G

geod

Hi all,
The beta release candidate trailer with many new features : better shape segmentation algorithm, transparency, z layers etc ...

Test Pool contains :
- DrMario
- Legend of Ninja
- Mega Man
- Super Mario Brothers 3
- Zelda Link
- Contra
- Castle Vania

Please share your thought.
The beta release will come soon [​IMG]

Last edited:

Ix:Risor

The Higher
DEAR GOD!!!

Oh, I know what game you can do next. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde!!!

EDIT:
That's my favorite NES game!

Last edited:

Gamester42

Hmm, in Firefox, I tried to run some .nes format NSTC games, like Contra, and nothing seems to happen other than this error...

"An exception has occured, but exception handling has been disabled in this build. If you are the developer of this content, enable exceptions in your project's WebGL player settings to be able to catch the exception or see the stack trace."

Any thoughts?

OP
G

geod

Hmm, in Firefox, I tried to run some .nes format NSTC games, like Contra, and nothing seems to happen other than this error...

"An exception has occured, but exception handling has been disabled in this build. If you are the developer of this content, enable exceptions in your project's WebGL player settings to be able to catch the exception or see the stack trace."

Any thoughts?

Hi,
Could you try to run this rom please:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1204123/3DNes/StreamingAssets/tepples/thwaite.nes

What's the spec of your PC - what OS 32 or 64 bit, your browser 32 or 64 bit?

Gamester42

Ok, that rom seems to load, but I wonder why my roms don't? All the roms I have are US NSTC; is that the region this emulator is coded for?

I'm running a high end PC and am getting about 30FPS on the rom you linked to. Here are my specs...

Running 32bit Firefox under Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) 64bit
AMD FX 8-Core 5.0 Ghz - (water cooled)
32GB of DDR3 2400 Ram
AMD Radeon R9 390 Series 8GB DDR5 - (water cooled)
1000W Power Supply

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
G

geod

Could you tell my which rom doesn't load? 3DNes only support certain mappers at the moments. Do you try roms that show in the video?
Ps: Your PC stat is horrific :). I'm running it only with Core M 800Hz and Intel 5300HD

Last edited: