What's new

problems accessing settings using under Wine

Samington

Hello,

I'm attempting to run Project64 on my Mac, using Wineskin. I believe I read that this can be achieved, but not sure.

It installed fine, but I can't access the settings to change plugins. I can click Options>Settings, but am unable to select any of the categories on the left. I can click to highlight them but, no matter what I try, nothing further appears. I imagine there's something obvious which I'm missing. Either that, or Project64 just doesn't work under Wineskin.

A screenshot should be attached.

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 13.20.42.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 13.20.42.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 478

V1del

Newer versions of PJ64 have a change that breaks this, try an older one (1.6 definitely works, I think even 2.2.0.1). That said, there are native emulators for Mac, you might want to try mupen64plus (and use e.g. m64py which is a GUI for mupen64plus) M64Py's installer contains a full distribution so it should be all you need

OP
S

Samington

Newer versions of PJ64 have a change that breaks this, try an older one (1.6 definitely works, I think even 2.2.0.1). That said, there are native emulators for Mac, you might want to try mupen64plus (and use e.g. m64py which is a GUI for mupen64plus) M64Py's installer contains a full distribution so it should be all you need

Thanks for this. I had a go with M64Py and it works well. I can use my Logitech gamepad with it as well which is brilliant! Probably better to run a native app where possible.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.