What's new

Romset help and query 0.5.8 to 0.7a

a7mag3ddon

Hi all,

Noob queries warning :)

I recently updated my old DEMUL to newer 0.7A version, grabbed the new set of roms and used the command line to create a DAT so i could use CLR Mame Pro to get a working set of roms.

Each time i ran it my old 19GB roms folder would be reduced to 12GB and i noticed after trying to work out what was going on that some of the supposed working roms zips were being deleted.

I have now downloaded a 26GB rom pack and before i ran the DAT file again wondered if some of you more experienced users could help me out.

Is there a current folder structure and or supported games list i can look at?

As an example i have seen on you tube people playing Beach Spikers (used as example as top of rom list) but when i run the dat file that particular rom is removed from my old 0.5.8 folder and doesnt even seem to be in the new one at all?

Can anyone help out a confused Sega fan?

MetalliC

Demul developer
v0.7 uses Naomi GD-ROM images in CHD format, like MAME.
previous versions used ripped from game's GD-ROMs binaries instead. however, emulator still can run such roms, despite the fact they are not in emulator's .DAT anymore.

Last edited:
OP
A

a7mag3ddon

But the DaT file came from demul 07.a EXE ?

And for my example... Beach spikers.. How do you run it?

MetalliC

Demul developer
yes, its from demul. make sure you have "You want to scan - CHDs" checked in clrMAMEpro scanner.

one of:
- having gds-0014.chd in /roms/beachspi/ or just in /roms/
- having beachspi.zip from old romset in /roms/