What's new

Project64 and Mupen64plus

CarlosCosta

[SOLVED]Tranfer save between Mupen64Plus and Project64

Please someone help me, I recently started using the Android Emulator MegaN64, and I found out about Project64, and I would like to continue my progress in Ocarina of Time using Project64, because I can use my xbox one control to play on Project64. But here is the issue, I don t know how to transfer my save to Project64, I have 3 files on Mupen64plus,

1-mupen64plus/Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time(USA).zip/zelda(it s a save that I did, save as...)

2-mupen64plus/SlotSaves/Legend ofZelda, The Ocarina of Time(U) (V1.0) [!].sra

3-mupen64plus/AutoSaves/Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time(USA).zip.sav

Wich file do I use? What I have to do with these files? I would be really glad if someone could help me.

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Drop all save files in Project64/Save.

"Legend ofZelda, The Ocarina of Time(U) (V1.0) [!].sra" is the save created by the game itself the others are quick saves.

OP
C

CarlosCosta

Drop all save files in Project64/Save.

"Legend ofZelda, The Ocarina of Time(U) (V1.0) [!].sra" is the save created by the game itself the others are quick saves.

So I should put all save files on the save folder, but will I have to load something on Project64? Or I just run the game normally with the saves in the save folder?

- - - Updated - - -

I ran the game normally and it didn t work =(

mendus

In project 64 the saves use a different name. For Ocarina of Time it should be "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.sra". If it still doesn't work, start a game to create such a file, then rename your save to whatever the name of the save made by Project 64 is.

OP
C

CarlosCosta

In project 64 the saves use a different name. For Ocarina of Time it should be "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.sra". If it still doesn't work, start a game to create such a file, then rename your save to whatever the name of the save made by Project 64 is.

Wich of those 3 files I said should I rename? I did a save with Project64 and it generated a zip file, THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.pj, But I don t know wich file I should rename. Thanks for the attention.

mendus

You need to rename the .sra file you have. The save you did is a savestate, not a native save (the ones you make ingame, as if you were on a real n64). I think savestates are portable from one emulator to the other one, but better use the native saves.

OP
C

CarlosCosta

You need to rename the .sra file you have. The save you did is a savestate, not a native save (the ones you make ingame, as if you were on a real n64). I think savestates are portable from one emulator to the other one, but better use the native saves.

Ok, so I rename the .sra file from Mupen64plus to the same name of the save from Project64, but the Project64 save is zip, do I have to rename and zip de .sra file? After doing all this, how would I load the save?

mendus

No, you should have a save with the name "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.sra". That is what you need to rename it to.

The save you are talking a about is a savestate, like quicksaves in mupen64plus ae.

OP
C

CarlosCosta

No, you should have a save with the name "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.sra". That is what you need to rename it to.

The save you are talking a about is a savestate, like quicksaves in mupen64plus ae.

Ok, but how do I make a native save on Project64? I have to save as I would save like in Nintendo64?(pausing and saving on the game)

OP
C

CarlosCosta

I did it, launched zelda on project64 and did a save within the game, paused and saved, I went to the save directory and there it was, THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.sra, so I renamed the .sra save of Mupen64plus to the same name of the Project64 s save(THE LEGEND OF ZELDA.sra) and rewrited it with my Mupen64plus save. Launched the game normally, and there was my save(progress). Thanks for the Help!