What's new

Shenmue (PAL) crashes on third disc

nikeboy94

I'm on Windows 10 and using Demul version 0.7 Alpha.

I don't know if anyone's finished Shenmue completely using Demul but there's a certain point in the game (on disc 3) where the demul just crashes. It happens when you are on your lunch break during your second proper day of work and your watch starts beeping to let you know time is up. Then Ryo looks down at his watch and Demul crashes. It happens everytime. What's weird is that the crash didn't occur on the first proper day of work, I saw the watch and carried on loading crates after.

Is there some solution to this? You can't proceed otherwise.

MetalliC

Demul developer
what needed to do there ? step by step (I never played this game)

- - - Updated - - -

ok, figured it out, and it works fine for me - load 2nd save, play till lunch time, photograph with some girl, and some time later back to work again.

needed additional info - GPU plugin used ? what game image you have - original GDI or some pirated CDI ?
also all .ini files from emulator may help to understood how to get it crash )

Last edited:
OP
N

nikeboy94

what needed to do there ? step by step (I never played this game)

- - - Updated - - -

ok, figured it out, and it works fine for me - load 2nd save, play till lunch time, photograph with some girl, and some time later back to work again.

needed additional info - GPU plugin used ? what game image you have - original GDI or some pirated CDI ?
also all .ini files from emulator may help to understood how to get it crash )

My specs are Intel i5 3210m, AMD Radeon 7730m (Switchable graphics), 8GB DDR3

The GPU plugin used is gpuDX11. And yeah sorry I'm using a CDI image.

EDIT - I always got the crash from loading it from slot 1. Slot 2 was saved after I used a different emulator to get past the problem, but then the next day was another work day and it crashed again after lunch (only tested once though).

Attachments

• all ini files.zip
    3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

MetalliC

Demul developer
where you get this image ? (PM me link) is it works OK on real dreamcast or maybe it crashes there too ? did you tried original GDI ? in 90% cases crashes or glitches caused by some crap in hacked/pirated versions of games.

Last edited:
OP
N

nikeboy94

Actually I think I've figured it out. Since you said it works for you, I just downloaded a fresh copy of demul, l left most of the settings untouched and now I can progress past lunch time. It must've been a configuration issue on my end. I'm sorry if I wasted your time MetalliC.