What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Dr.Mario - Retexture Startup Issues

OP
S

Sensire

@ Np4L - I did not found the problem but i have deinstalled PJ64 on my Desktop PC and just copied over all files from my Laptop. Now i have hires textures on both systems. Cannot tell you what the problem is/was. But for now it is working and my work can continue. I have made a lot of progress and every spare minute i'm sitting on my PC/Laptop and pixeling on textures. I want them all really new, from scratch, not interpolated or computed, kind of crazy selfmade and handdrawn stuff. This amazes me so much and i have a lot of fun. But this way it will last a little longer :) During my work i have some more new ideas and my creativity is growing. Someday i will release an alpha for you and you can tell me if it is good enough for the community. Btw. which kind of snap shot would you like to see? THX for now

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Can you tell us what the plugin setting are set to?

That is exactly why the community retextures, sure we like to improve the gaming experience, but mainly we do it for our personal enjoyment.
I can't wait to see more of your work. Can you post a snap shot of your plugin settings and updated work?

OP
S

Sensire

Hi.... here is a snapshot with some of my samples. The Intro has many many hand-redrawn gfx/logos and looks real sharp. The red-blue-yellow pills in 1 player mode and in 4 player mode are all redrawn and they are crisp and sharp in "demo" mode. But in realtime playing mode they are displayed in lowres while moving/falling. All falling pills (1 player and 4 player) are lowres and in this manner they are not dumped or anywhere to find. Maybe it hast to do with the settings. Maybe they are colormixed and stored somewhere in memory. Maybe they are treated as kind of "sprites/bobs" which will not be in the hires recalculation process? Investigation is strongly needed.

I keep on working. It is much fun and every new redrawn texture is a crisp pleasure for my eyes :D

Danke

Attachments

• snapper.jpg
    snapper.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 757
OP
S

Sensire

Hello HD-Friends, Hello NES_player4LIFE.

I am still working on this fine project and my hd-gfx-library even grows and grows. Actually i made progress in the Character and Monster graphics. All is done by me in a pixel-by-pixel process and it costs a lot of time. There are still tons of art, which have to be redrawn into hi-res. But my biggest Question is: Is there an update to that buggy behavior in the falling pills, which are not updated into hi-res? There might be even a new/different emulator or new plugins?

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
I think the GlideN64 team resolved this issue a few months back.
I've been on vacation from emulation and retexturing for a bit.