What's new

Xebra 20151011 released!

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Wow, PlayStation emulation is still alive?!?

Yes, it is still alive and kicking.

To be honest, ePSXe and Xebra are the best emulators out there. I tested The Misadventure of Tron Bonne for both emulators and it is fully playable. This game doesn't working with other PSX emulators after first level because when you enter first level and it turn into white screen and freeze. The ePSXe and Xebra doesn't have a problem. They are the best emulators out there. :D

Black Zero

If only XEBRA could support the use of .sbi files so LibCrypt protection games like Resident Evil 3 (PAL) can be played.
This is the only reason to why I don't use XEBRA as my only PSX emulator today and why I'm still using ePSXe.

Would be glad to one day be able to skip ePSXe and the plugin inferno.

But you're right, ePSXe and XEBRA is one of the few best PSX emulators out there.

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

If only XEBRA could support the use of .sbi files so LibCrypt protection games like Resident Evil 3 (PAL) can be played.
This is the only reason to why I don't use XEBRA as my only PSX emulator today and why I'm still using ePSXe.

Would be glad to one day be able to skip ePSXe and the plugin inferno.

But you're right, ePSXe and XEBRA is one of the few best PSX emulators out there.

Did you try this newest released to see if Resident Evil 3 (PAL) is playable ? If not, what about Resident Evil 3 (USA) ? Sometimes the USA running better than PAL version.

Black Zero

Can't really try every new version that gets released and hope for things to be randomly fixed when there rarely if ever is a changelog attached to it.
As far as I know .sbi files and LibCrypt protection games isn't supported in this version either as Ilya-v from NGEmu posted this:

①CD:
Fix the relationship of Setloc and Seek and Read.

② Soud Output:
Sound of XEBRA was implemented in the most handy PlaySound () at the beginning.
Since this API can not be queued, It took the means of loop playback buffer rewriting.
However, since the reproduction position of the buffer is not known
It had come out trouble overlap rewriting position and the playback position by the timing. (resulting in crackle..Ahem.)
Then, How can was changed to API for waveOut system that can recognize the playback position,
This time it queuing has disappeared completely from the head, It was still the loop playback buffer rewriting.
WaveOut system in this review is that the queuing can be Since found was , adjusting the position of the buffer was no longer required.
(meaning, it will be in perfect sync FOREVER!)

③ Scale processing correspondence of GDI:
The Ya case does not contain only emulation driver as OpenGL
It feels as vertical synchronization restrictions are increasingly took environment .
Because the case is faster of GDI, we have to be able to scale processing even GDI.

④CUE2CCD:
New CUE Tool.
*Didn't bother translating.

Source:
http://ngemu.com/threads/xebra-arbex-releases-thread.140824/page-9#post-2386345

Resident Evil 3 Nemesis (USA) is not affected by LibCrypt protection and should work but I don't own that version of the game so I can dump it.

It is what it is and since the author of XEBRA is Japanese and probably doesn't even speak English, it's safe to assume there is little to none chance to get in contact with him.

I'll just have to use ePSXe like I always have and there's nothing wrong with that since the games I own are working.

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Can't really try every new version that gets released and hope for things to be randomly fixed when there rarely if ever is a changelog attached to it.
As far as I know .sbi files and LibCrypt protection games isn't supported in this version either as Ilya-v from NGEmu posted this:

Source:
http://ngemu.com/threads/xebra-arbex-releases-thread.140824/page-9#post-2386345

Resident Evil 3 Nemesis (USA) is not affected by LibCrypt protection and should work but I don't own that version of the game so I can dump it.

It is what it is and since the author of XEBRA is Japanese and probably doesn't even speak English, it's safe to assume there is little to none chance to get in contact with him.

I'll just have to use ePSXe like I always have and there's nothing wrong with that since the games I own are working.

Did you ripped this game yourself ? Sometimes I downloaded the games that might have a protection. If you ripped it correctly with CloneCD rip or a CDRDAO rip with RW_RAW SUBCHANNEL DATA and it should work.

I just researched about it somewhere on the Google. Try that and give us a feedback if you can. ;)

That game has libcrypt "protection", you need to use a CloneCD rip or a cdrdao rip with rw_raw subchannel data.

Black Zero

Yes I ripped this game myself and I used ImgBurn to rip it. It didn't gave me any errors and ImgBurn was set to PSX/PlayStation.

So you think there is a chance that it will work if I use CloneCD to rip it?

Only thing I've heard of was using a ppf patch but that was ages ago, .sbi files are hosted on redump.org and have worked quite well with ePSXe.

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Yes I ripped this game myself and I used ImgBurn to rip it. It didn't gave me any errors and ImgBurn was set to PSX/PlayStation.

So you think there is a chance that it will work if I use CloneCD to rip it?

Only thing I've heard of was using a ppf patch but that was ages ago.

It affects for PAL version, I believe.

It mention about the protection for your game.. Click the link below and scroll down for Sectors with LibCrypt protection.. Here:

http://redump.org/disc/28197/

I used ImgBurn many time too. It doesn't helped no matter what. Try CloneCD to rip it.. Also you need read about libcrypt protection here:

http://wiki.redump.org/index.php?title=PlayStation_1:_LibCrypt_protection

And scroll down until you see Method two: CloneCD + psxt001z. It will work! Feedback back to us and if you want to share with everyone... go ahead. No credit from me because I found it at Google reporting that it worked. Hope that it will work for you. :)

Last edited:

Black Zero

Well reading that made me confused, apparently it's about detecting and storing LibCrypted data in .sbi files which I already use today and only ePSXe and P.E.Op.S. CDR plugin can handle those.

There is no mention of that you can rip the game with the LibCrypted data included in the image file? Or I must be really confused.

EDIT:

What about apply a ppf patch to the image, that would work to wouldn't it?

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Okay.. This is an option for not including LibCrypted date but just rip it with CloneCd might be a trick.. Just try to CloneCD rip it and if it doesn't work then follow the tutorial above but this time use your CD for method one before method 2 trick.

Black Zero

While that sounds like a plan, I have a strong feeling that it won't work and that applying a ppf patch to the image would be a more ideal idea.
I have already downloaded ppf-o-matic and said patch and will try to apply it to my Resident Evil 3 Nemesis (PAL) image file.

I do however thank thee for your valuable tips and will most certainly have them in mind if the ppf plan doesn't work.

Black Zero

The protection fix ppf patched worked and I can now play the game in XEBRA, however while this is now possible there is a annoying loader/intro from the ones who did the patch.

Well at least the game is compatible with all emulators now and not just ePSXe anymore.

Guess I can finally switch to XEBRA and ditch the plugin based inferno.

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

The protection fix ppf patched worked and I can now play the game in XEBRA, however while this is now possible there is a annoying loader/intro from the ones who did the patch.

Well at least the game is compatible with all emulators now and not just ePSXe anymore.

Guess I can finally switch to XEBRA and ditch the plugin based inferno.

Very good. Thanks for the feedback.

Black Zero

Well, XEBRA is configured and games seems to run fine but there's something off in some games.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night (USA) for example feels a little bit too fast somehow and not fluid running like it is on ePSXe, this behavior is mostly on the USA games I own but not on the PAL games as Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 for example runs more or less perfect.

Does this have something to do with I Cache rate or something?