What's new

The Spongebob Squarepants Movie game goes black in Dolphin

IJustWannaPlay

I got everything to start correctly in Dolphin, and the system reads the ISO file, but once I start the game up, everything goes black and nothing else happens. I have the default settings, and yet nothing changes. Was there some kind of plug in I was supposed to get or something?

Please help me.

V1del

System specs? Still stands then... Dolphin is not going to run on a toaster

Try switching between the Direct3D and OpenGL backends and see if that makes a difference, if it doesn't your computer is likely to be too weak to play games on dolphin

OP
I

IJustWannaPlay

System specs? Still stands then... Dolphin is not going to run on a toaster

Try switching between the Direct3D and OpenGL backends and see if that makes a difference, if it doesn't your computer is likely to be too weak to play games on dolphin

Model: Presario CQ57 n=Notebook PC

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU B800 @ 1.50GHz 1.50 GHz

Installed RAM: 2.00 GB (1.85 GB Usable)

System type: 64-bot Operating System

And that step didn't help at all. This game runs fine on teh PS2 emulator, it just stops at the beginning of No Cheese. This being around in the same gen, it should work even on my computer, since I was ablE to run a PS2 emulator as well.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
GameCube emulation is much more demanding than PS2 emulation. Just because you can run a PS2 emulator well doesn't mean that the same thing is applicable to GameCube emulators.

Last edited:

V1del

This is not going to be able to run dolphin I'm afraid. As mentioned already dolphin is much more accurate and demanding as a result and we are talking about completely different basesystems, never compare emulators of completely different systems they are going to work very differently no matter if they are from the "same generation" (in addition to that the gamecube itself has much better hardware than the PS2 ergo will need even more power)

OP
I

IJustWannaPlay

This is not going to be able to run dolphin I'm afraid. As mentioned already dolphin is much more accurate and demanding as a result and we are talking about completely different basesystems, never compare emulators of completely different systems they are going to work very differently no matter if they are from the "same generation" (in addition to that the gamecube itself has much better hardware than the PS2 ergo will need even more power)

So what am I supposed to do? It's not like everything freezes on me, it just goes black. I thought my 64-bit would have no problem running this. Is there an alternative emulator that can run this game? Maybe an X-Box, or another type of PS2 Emulator?

Last edited:

V1del

64bit is much less of a problem than 1.5GHz processor and you didn't mention any graphics card so i'm assuming you use the processor integrated one which have always been rubbish. One thing you may try is installing up to date drivers especially for the graphics card from intels website. For other emulators there is play! http://purei.org/downloads.php but it is in a very early state so don't expect anything. Another thing to try is digging up an old version of dolphin (3.5, 3.0) and hoping that the game runs, and if it does doesn't blow up in your face with the hundreds of emulation glitches that have been fixed since (and don't expect to get support for these old builds on official dolphin forums)

In general you are trying to play games on something that isn't supposed to be used to play games, I don't know how much you are expecting from this