What's new

Demul 230915

Anublack

First of all, thanks for the people who have made possible to take this console to pc. I'm so happy that with the latest patch I can play most of games in HD... I feel it's almost to be perfect, however speed devils is lack of some sort of filtering since background and landscape and sky seems to be one picture, and the soundtrack in New York is bugged (actually the soundtrack is all played in wrong tracks). The audio of world worms party also bugged; Virtua Tennis low FPS, as well as Kiss: Psycho circus nightmare child. Fur fighter has bad resolution for 2nd player when split screen on multiplayer.

Almost there! :drool:

MetalliC

Demul developer
however speed devils is lack of some sort of filtering since background and landscape and sky seems to be one picture
please show pictures - whats wrong on emulator and how it must really look on real console.
, and the soundtrack in New York is bugged (actually the soundtrack is all played in wrong tracks).
describe how to reproduce this bug.
I didn't even know there are New York, then I select Arcade there is no such track.
The audio of world worms party also bugged; Virtua Tennis low FPS, as well as Kiss: Psycho circus nightmare child.
I guess you have old/slow PC ?

Fur fighter has bad resolution for 2nd player when split screen on multiplayer.
you are using older DX11 video renderer, its buggy as hell, there was no any fixes or improvements for 2 or so years.
switch to DX11NG renderer if you want correct emulation.

Darkness Knight

First of all, thanks for the people who have made possible to take this console to pc. I'm so happy that with the latest patch I can play most of games in HD... I feel it's almost to be perfect, however speed devils is lack of some sort of filtering since background and landscape and sky seems to be one picture, and the soundtrack in New York is bugged (actually the soundtrack is all played in wrong tracks). The audio of world worms party also bugged; Virtua Tennis low FPS, as well as Kiss: Psycho circus nightmare child. Fur fighter has bad resolution for 2nd player when split screen on multiplayer.

Almost there! :drool:

Virtua Tennis is ok (small glitches in the title screen), but it required a good PC:

Salu2 - Darkness Knight.

OP
A

Anublack

please show pictures - whats wrong on emulator and how it must really look on real console.

describe how to reproduce this bug.
I didn't even know there are New York, then I select Arcade there is no such track.

Sorry my video card blewed up to make a video... you must play championship mode to unlock some cars and tracks, maybe theres a trick to unlock eveyrthing without running championship mode. Try out New York and check it out!

I guess you have old/slow PC ?
OK yes seems like FPS is matter of having a good video card... mine was GTX 650

you are using older DX11 video renderer, its buggy as hell, there was no any fixes or improvements for 2 or so years.
switch to DX11NG renderer if you want correct emulation.

I switched to DX11NG but it looked really awful not anti-aliasing at all, I got a conflict while I tried to mix fraps and DX11NG to make a video but seems like that screwed my graphic card :eek: (not blaming you)

MetalliC

Demul developer
it looks not awfull, but like real dreamcast/naomi ;)
please no need to make video, but explain using words instead (with optional screenshots) what exactly and where exactly looks or sounds wrong, how it must be correct, and how to get to that game's place(s).

Last edited:
OP
A

Anublack

it looks not awfull, but like real dreamcast/naomi ;)
please no need to make video, but explain using words instead (with optional screenshots) what exactly and where exactly looks or sounds wrong, how it must be correct, and how to get to that game's place(s).

Unlock All Cars and Tracks:
While playing a game (could be arcade mode), press B, Right, B, Right, Up, B, Up.

New York isnt available arcade or multiplayer mode: to race New York, earn most pts racing in championship mode to do so: clear class D and C; New York is in class B or further.

The soundtrack on New York sounds constantly like a bzzzz!!!! damage sound.

I'm not sure whether is an issue of the CD game or emulator but the soundtracks are set in wrong tracks, eg: Hollywood soundtrack in demul orginally belongs to Mexico; Aspen belongs to Louisiana, Lousiana belongs to New York etc.. Yeah I know it's weird probably New York is bug coz couldn't match a compatible track. I'm speculating but makes sense. :icecream:

Last edited:

MetalliC

Demul developer
checked few tracks on emulator using GDI NTSC-US image :
Aspen summer - Canada heavy winter - Mexico
ALL tacks on emulator have exactly same music as on videos.

so the question is: what game disk image you use ?
you mentioned "CD" so I guess its not original game GD-ROM but some pirated CD rip instead, am I right ?

can you provide VMU save file there NewYork track can be started and played immediatelly ? I'm not going to waste my time on playing this game and clearing classes.

Last edited:
OP
A

Anublack

checked few tracks on emulator using GDI NTSC-US image :
Aspen summer - Canada heavy winter - Mexico
ALL tacks on emulator have exactly same music as on videos.

so the question is: what game disk image you use ?
you mentioned "CD" so I guess its not original game GD-ROM but some pirated CD rip instead, am I right ?

can you provide VMU save file there NewYork track can be started and played immediatelly ? I'm not going to waste my time on playing this game and clearing classes.

I'm not sure.... that's at least what I'm experience, but weird not matter what track version you are racing, Canada or Canada light or heavy winter is same soundtrack for all.

I attached the file ready to race New York

BTW... don't confuse speed devils online with original version of speed devils, they are different.

Attachments

• vms10.rar
    7.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

MetalliC

Demul developer
thanks for VMU, tested the game, and (as expected) NewYork have correct audio.
so I repeat the question: what game image you are using ?

MetalliC

Demul developer
so, no surprise here.
I'm wondering - is it too hard or smth to get genuine game GD image instead of wasting my and yours time ?

OP
A

Anublack

so, no surprise here.
I'm wondering - is it too hard or smth to get genuine game GD image instead of wasting my and yours time ?

Well this is a community support isn't it? I found the right one... thanks! :tup: now I will be able to enjoy this game 100% again, emulator has quiet improved, but I thought it has some bugs still...

Do you know or would you mind check web browser 2.0... there's a mini game called sega swirl and It won't load.

MetalliC

Demul developer
Well this is a community support isn't it? I found the right one... thanks! :tup: now I will be able to enjoy this game 100% again, emulator has quiet improved, but I thought it has some bugs still...
isn't it you posted issue/bug report about Speed Devils music ~ 2 years ago ?
Do you know or would you mind check web browser 2.0... there's a mini game called sega swirl and It won't load.
have no idea, but checked - swirl game started/played fine (but slowly on my PC, the same as most of WinCE games)
piece of CDI crap again ?

OP
A

Anublack

isn't it you posted issue/bug report about Speed Devils music ~ 2 years ago ?

have no idea, but checked - swirl game started/played fine (but slowly on my PC, the same as most of WinCE games)
piece of CDI crap again ?

I guess... anyways my pc is not really good, I turned antiliasing to 1x and runs better, community CDI crap, I don't rip this stuff. Thanks for your time!