What's new

Suggestion: individual controller configuration.

Caballo

Hello everyone.

I've been using the emulator for quite some years now, and i must say it has become one of my favourite programs, but i've always found a flaw: When I switch from a game to another, I have to remap the controls so they work as I want them to do.

Having no idea on coding, my question is: May it be possible to create an extension that saves controller configurations for each game, so they can be activated at will? and also: May it be possible to add an option such as "Automatically change the config when a game starts"?

Thanks so much, and congratulations on your work, developers. The emulator is great.

LeSpank

Yes. This would be fantastic. My current solution is to have a copy of the emulator for each game so that I can just have a quick game without changing all the control settings. This is a nightmare when a new version of the emulator is released though.

emusa

You could use Xpadder and program a couple of different button configurations. That's the way I do it; when I press the left stick, another button profile kicks in. Same with a click on the right stick. Handy to be able to switch between a racing button profile and a fighting/beat em up profile.

This way I also have my load- and savestate programmed under the press of 2 button (hold trigger and press back or start to save and/or load). Switching to widescreen/4:3 is also a button combo = very for use with dreamcast games (some are widescreen, while others aren't).

DOWNLOAD LINK

Last edited:

MetalliC

Demul developer
Yes. This would be fantastic. My current solution is to have a copy of the emulator for each game so that I can just have a quick game without changing all the control settings. This is a nightmare when a new version of the emulator is released though.
there much easier way - have several padDemul.ini and script(s) to start various games.
something like

copy /Y padDemul.ini.sonic2 padDemul.ini
demul.exe -run=dc -image="D:\[ISO]\TOSEC Sega Dreamcast\Games\NTSC-US\Sonic Adventure 2 v1.008 (2001)(Sega)(NTSC)(US)(M5)[!].chd"

LeSpank

there much easier way - have several padDemul.ini and script(s) to start various games.
something like

copy /Y padDemul.ini.sonic2 padDemul.ini
demul.exe -run=dc -image="D:\[ISO]\TOSEC Sega Dreamcast\Games\NTSC-US\Sonic Adventure 2 v1.008 (2001)(Sega)(NTSC)(US)(M5)[!].chd"

Thanks for the tip. :cheers:

I was already using batch files to launch games directly from steam - now I can just add in the extra line to sort out controls.

Last edited:

alexportugal121

Hi im trying to map demul with xpadder for each game, but how can you select the tittle of each game for xpadder, when i try it comes with current fps so if they change xpadder stops function until same fpd are back?? how can you map each demul game tp xpadder?