What's new

Glide64Mk2 not using GlideHQ

marcelo_20xx

I cant seem to get Hires textures working on Glide64Mk2 or Glide64 for Mupen64Plus. I compiled from sources of both Mupen64Plus 2.0 and Mupen64Plus 2.5, none of them work. The resulting dll is 1.15MB whereas on MQtpy (a frontend for Mupen64Plus, it's plugin does load the texture pack) it is 1.5MB so I am suspecting the compiler is not incorporating the GlideHQ part into the dll...

Strangely I got no warnings or errors on Visual Studio 2013 but I cant use textures packs or the dump tex function which is indicative that the GlideHQ part is not working...

I am not interested in the binaries I need the source from making some edits to it, so if someone could assist me I will be grateful thanks...

Also isn't a Glide64Final for Mupen64plus plugin spec? the readme claims that Glide64Mk2 is based on the 10th anniversary edition but its too different from the original plugin, a vanilla Glide64Final source with just the compatible Mupen spec code added would be ideal...

Last edited:

V1del

The reason it's "so different" is that all assemblercode had to be rewritten in order to make it compatible with every platform mupen64plus supports. Texture dumping was not yet part of the process so that is not going to work unless someone brings it back. loading textures should work however, it is possible that the VS project file doesn't include that by default so one should look into setting the correct flags there. M64Py and likely most of the active devs use linux and mingw or similar to compile the builds and the corresponding support for loading textures is activated in the makefile. I can't check right now but might take a look into it when I'm home although I don't really know how VS project files work either so yeah, no promises there.

OP
marcelo_20xx

marcelo_20xx

Sorry if my post sounded rude, I said that for a lack of a better term, it wasnt my intention to bash the devs...

I always appreciate your responses V1del since I am new to Mupen64plus...

I will try to build the sources with MinGW, if you have any helpful advice please feel free to share it, thanks...

Last edited:

V1del

I didn't take it as rude just wanted to clear that up :). FWIW try adding the following to your preprocessor definitions in Visual Studio
Code:
TEXTURE_FILTER
DUMP_CACHE
TXCDXTN_EXTERNAL
those should reenable most of the codepaths necessary for hires textures, I can't test atm since I would have to rebuild the dependent boost (VS2015 here) as well and didn't feel like bothering with that

Last edited:
OP
marcelo_20xx

marcelo_20xx

That did it, the plugin now load the hires textures like it should to...

But, there is always a but, glide64Mk2 suffer from wobbling polygons on Ocarina of Time (on the intro look at the ground polygons, they will begin to shake when the camera pass the field and focus on the castle), this doesnt happen on the mupen-glide64.dll, problem is that this plugin doesnt load hires textures...

EDIT:
V1del can I ask you a favor?
I want to port the Glide64Final 10 anniversary edition video plugin to the Mupen64Plus plugin spec, can you assist me in this task? I just want to make it compatible with a Windows environment, doesn't need to have a gui, just the minimum changes to make it adhere to the Mupen plugin spec...

Which functions need to be changed? also I assume I just need to copy pasted some code from Glide64Mk2 plugin initialization?

Last edited:

V1del

I don't really have all that much time to work on projects like this these days and I'd think the time would be better used to indetify and fix the issue in its current iteration, but but I can give you some pointers and may be able to look into some stuff occasionally. For the changes in m64p spec compared to PJ64 you can look into http://mupen64plus.org/wiki/index.php?title=Mupen64Plus_v2.0_Core_API_v1.0 namely the configuration and video plugin api parts. What may also help in getting to know what exactly was done is looking at the earlier commits to glide64mk2 like here https://github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-video-glide64mk2/commits/master?page=7 and page 8 there are some rather big codedumps of an earlier porting attempt in there, the repo for that would also still be available here: https://bitbucket.org/balrog/mupen64plus-video-glide64/commits/all (note that this code was still for the eventual port of glide napalm, before final was released)

OP
marcelo_20xx

marcelo_20xx

There seem to be a problem with the asm code in the current iteration, so the solution at least on Windows would be to use the old asm code...

OP
marcelo_20xx

marcelo_20xx

V1del this is the closest I got to port Glide64 Napalm, but although I can run mupen64plus and it detects the plugin as Glide64 Napalm WX it hangs, I tested on 1.99.5 since 2.0 and above output other incompatibilities problems...

If you can fix this one error I thing it would be trivial to port the Glide64Final since its source its very similar...

This is my source with the supermonkey commit changes applied and the deps included for easy testing:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hxba8dw6cx82vct/SNapalm(2).7z

The link for supermonkey's repository port attempt is:

https://bitbucket.org/supermonkey/mupen64plus-video-glide64mk2/commits/25dd82f184bb