What's new

Project 64 2.2.0.3 - Loading HD Texture Pack Proberly - Example: Zelda Majorask Mask

Zerox1

So for me it was pretty confusing to get it to work, so here is my way.

First to the HD-Texture Pack itself: I didnt like the comic style from 'Djipi', so i downloaded a modified version from
a link under a Youtube Video referendig to its Texture Pack

but there are way more..

Graphic Plugin: You can't use the Glide64, that is on the Project64 preinstalled because there is no option to force widescreen (i play it from my laptop on my tv). Thats why i use GlideFinal.
Settings are as .jpg in the attachment.

Konroller Plugin: Billiard's Wiimote v0.1 to play the Game with a Wii-Conroller, and yea its preconfigured.
(I've attached this plugin because there are too much dead links in the net).
Wiiuse.dll comes in the Project 2.2 main folder and the billard_Wiimote.dll goes in the 'Plugin Folder'.
Connecting the Controller via Bluetooth / system control->devices->add a new device Press '1' and '2' on the controller as long as you can see a new device in the bluetooth list. Now the System tries to install the drivers. Open Project64, then the new controller plugin.
It will recognize the controller and finish the driver installation. Badly: You will have to redo this everytime you play because windows(8.1) wont recognize it again.

Errors:

Not All Textures are loaded: For Example 2587 are in the Package but Pj64 only loads 2410, don't worry its no problem because depending on your languages in the Rom and the wrong allocted textures from the creators of the texture pack itself will sum up to this difference.

My Menu is not fully HD (menu.jpg in the describtion): Thats simple, this texture in the middle wasn't recreated in HD (The text is on the texture, so the game doesnt use its font). Some texture packs will support your language, you can easily combine them.
So i do, the result is saved in the attachment menu2.jpg

There is no Cache or The Cache is damaged or there are textures missing: If you load the textures for the first time there will be no 'cache' (x/\Project64 2.2\Plugin\GFX\cache) Folder because Pj64 loads
this particular cache file in a temporary folder. After you close the game (you played in HD of course) and you reopen Pj64 there will be this message:
"Project64.exe currently running. Terminate pid 4376 now?"
Click 'No' and this process will provide the cache files for the new startup of the game and you will never redo this.

So those were my struggles and i hope i could help someone a little bit. :D

Attachments

• Billard_Wiimote Plugin.zip
    60.3 KB · Views: 146
  • menu.jpg
    menu.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 689
  • menu2.jpg
    menu2.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 675
  • Settings.jpg
    Settings.jpg