What's new

(Request) DX9 Plugin for DEMUL 0.7

Mizou95

Hello Everyone .. I like very much the job you're doing in addition of the WinCE games support which makes DEMUL the best emulator for dreamcast nowadays ..

Could you please create a Directx 9 plugin for DEMUL 0.7, my laptop's GPU doesn't support DX11 (Intel HD 1000 "IronLake") , In addition, there is many people around the world who are using DX9 Based GPU's today !

I hope that my request will be Realized ..

Thank you very much :D

emusa

An Intel HD1000..? A word of advice: if you're not ready to buy some new hardware, leave demul be. It will not run well (if at all) - you just haven't got the hardware. It requires a relatively powerful CPU and CPU.

Best stick with nullDC, which requires less powerful components and plays lots of dreamcast games just fine without too much glitches. I suggest you use the modded version of r150: LINK

OP
Mizou95

Mizou95

My Computer specs are :

CPU : Intel Core i5 520M (2.4 Ghz)
RAM : 6 GB
GPU : Intel HD 1000 128 MB VRAM (Using IntelliModder32 Modded Driver)

Does the emulaor given in the Link support WinCE Games (Like Super Runabout SF Edition) ?

EDIT:

Super Runabout SF Edition not working with the emulator provided in the link:'(

Last edited:
OP
Mizou95

Mizou95

what i want to do, is running a WinCE Game (Super Runabout SF Edition) on my computer .. the only emulator able to run this game is DEMUL v0.7 .. is there any way to run this game on my GPU (which is a Intel HD 1000) ?

emusa

If the GPU doesn't support dx11, then no. And again, your hardware is outdated - sorry.

Darkness Knight

Btw, The WinCE support is very slow, even in my Core i7 4770k can't reach fullspeed (45/60) in Resident Evil 2 =/

Salu2 - Darkness Knight.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Ah, the good old "Intel's integrated graphics chips vs. Dreamcast emulation". Nothing good has ever come out of that. Regardless of the emulator. I don't even think that a DirectX9 graphics plugin would help him out. An Intel HD 1000 is just that poor.

OP
Mizou95

Mizou95

Well, with prevoius releases of demul, I can run Power stone 2, Vanishing Point and Tokyo highway racing in a very good speed .. BTW, i found a way to run WinCe games on demul 0.7 on pre DX11 gpu's using Dxcpl but i got 15fps and a very bad sound quality (laggy) while playing super runabout SF edition .. i'll upload a video if you would guys !

MetalliC

Demul developer
you have totally wrong understanding of goal(s) of this project and motivation of authors.
the truth is: no one cares can you (or someone else) run some game using this piece of software on your hardware.
I personally doing what I'm doing because its interesting for me to research how various hardware works, and check results of my researches in a form of C++/HLSL/etc simulation code. Do I care if someone can (or can't) play games using this program ? Nope.

In this particular case - DirectX11 is required to simulate how PowerVR2 GPU works.

Last edited:

MetalliC

Demul developer
Do you mean that Emulating WinCE games using Directx 9 or even 10 is impossible ?
I mean I don't care about games, bur DX9 is not enough to near close emulate PowerVR2 GPU features.

for example 15 year old Dreamcast have depth buffer (Z-buffer) with 32bit floating point precision, in DirectX such accuracy was introduced only starting from DirectX10.

OP
Mizou95

Mizou95

Okay that's a good news ! Does the team is able now to develop a dx10 plugin for demul 0.7 ? Please ?

MetalliC

Demul developer
why me to do this ? Demul 058x have DX10, is there any reasons you can't or won't use it ?
if you expecting some kind of miracle, so in v0.7 DX10 becomes better - NO, it will be exactly the same sh*t as was in 0.58x.

Pulstar

Mizou95, things move forward not backwards. If anything I hope a DirectX12 plugin is introduced within a year or two, especially for us AMD users. MetalliC is doing a splendid job maintaining and improving an emulator for a not-so-popular platform.

For example N64 emulation still sucks under Windows 10, and it's more popular than Dreamcast/Naomi!! N64 emulation is still a hacky mess almost two decades after first emulating it.

Darkness Knight

why me to do this ? Demul 058x have DX10, is there any reasons you can't or won't use it ?
if you expecting some kind of miracle, so in v0.7 DX10 becomes better - NO, it will be exactly the same sh*t as was in 0.58x.

D3D10 only support's 16layers (very slow) no enough!

Salu2 - Darkness Knight