What's new

No sound whe launching from frontend

evilantal

Hi there,

I'm using Demul to play Naomi games and launching from the PinballX frontend. It's a pinball oriented spinoff of GameEx.
I'm using AutoHotkey scripts to launch the games.

Strange thing is, when I launch the scripts from the frontend I have no sound. When I start the scripts from outside of the frontend, the sound can be heard as normal.

Anyone experience something similar?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, AMD Phenom X4 II, GTX 650 TI, Demul v0.582

I'm using scripts like this:
Code:
#NoEnv

Run, C:\Demul\demul.exe -run=naomi -rom=ikaruga

Sleep 5000
MouseMove, 999, 999, 0

$Esc::
Process, Close, demul.exe
ExitAPP
return

Last edited:

emusa

I notice you use a script to hide the mouse. I have problems with demul and (autohotkey) scripts; the emulator loses focus and it often causes weird issues. Like fullscreen not working and audio problems.

Try launching a game from your emulator frontend, without hiding the mouse through a script. So remove the:
Sleep 5000
MouseMove, 999, 999, 0

Also, newer versions of Demul (0.7 alpha) close with F4; so no need for forced closing anymore.

OP
E

evilantal

Thanks for the reply...

The 0.7 version of Demul doesn't work on my cab for some reason, even though I have no problem using the DX11 plugin in Demul 0.582. The 0.7 version crashes as soon as I use Run Naomi and select a rom.

I could remove those statements, but the strange thing is the script works fine when starting outside of the PinballX frontend, fullscreen, sound and all.

After more research, it seems to be related to the frontend crashing when I start the script.