Thread: STV and SSF?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

STV and SSF?

I've noticed that STV is supported by SSF, but what STV exactly? The arcade games? What advantage does it have over MAME? And does it support ROMs or something?

16-bit Corpse | Moderator Agozer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sega ST-V is basically the arcade equivalent of the Saturn. Yes, the system uses ROMs. I don't think there are many (if any) advantages over MAME.

ElektroDragon: I hate dying over and over. I don't learn from my mistakes. I couldn't play Dark Souls because of this. I bought the Bloodborne Collector's Edition. Like I said, I don't learn from my mistakes!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    VF Kids on MAME has no audio. How do I use SSF to run that game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There should be an option in SSF to load ST-V ROMs. Use that that select the game you want. Make sure you have the ST-V BIOS as well.

ElektroDragon: I hate dying over and over. I don't learn from my mistakes. I couldn't play Dark Souls because of this. I bought the Bloodborne Collector's Edition. Like I said, I don't learn from my mistakes!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seems can't get this error to resolve. Sticking to MAME.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't remember exactly how SSF handles ST-V emulation, but make sure you BIOS region is the same as the game's region. There's probably an option for this somewhere.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've found that VF Kids does indeed have audio in MAME, just too low, and it can't be turned up from the service menu.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Following