What's new

Glide64Final Widescreen Feature

marcelo_20xx

Now that there is an open source N64 plugin with a widescreen hack (GlideN64), is there any active c++ coder with enough skill to port this feature to the Glide64Final plugin?

For the last week I tried with varying degrees of success to add this myself, but in the end I couldn't...

I know there is some simple change to the source that I am failing to nail for this feature to work, so I make a request here, is there anyone with sufficient interest or Widescreen is not desired since not a lot of games benefit from it?

Even if it only works for one game (Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing works flawlessly, haven't tested many games yet but I guess there are some others)I think is it worthy enough, it can definitely change the play experience, well at least for some people like me...

Thanks!

emusa

Just curious, but would you want it ported to GlideN64final when you can use Glide64?

Does glideN64final have any advantages over GlideN64 (maybe it requires less CPU/GPU)?

V1del

He talks about porting widescreen to glide64 (the old plugin) based on the implementation found in GLideN64 (the new one) but yeah glide64 requires significantly less resources/works on older hardware

OP
marcelo_20xx

marcelo_20xx

Not only GlideN64 isn't optimized yet (mainly because it hasn't been polished yet because is relatively new) but there are some gfx bugs (just to name one: The water effect in Diddy Kong Racing is missing) that are already fixed in the "old" plugin .

For the games I play, Glide64Final is compatible enough, have decent features and runs fast too, so that's why I was requesting for this feature to be ported, I cant be the only one who wants it or would I?...

Fotomac

You're not the only one; I too have been wanting to play Diddy Kong Racing in proper widescreen–for years, even!