What's new

Best ISO Creator

Omninaut

Sooo i've been through a bit of an ordeal.

I got PCSX2 and i have a bunch of ps2 games (on disks) so me wanting to be the virus free law abiding samaritan, decided to try and make iso files out of the disks instead of downloading them from a site. so i did almost no research and found magicISO, installed it and used to make an iso of rayman 3. the game works fine and theres no problems.

Then later last week i read on another forum that it sucks cuz it recreates the files wiping some crucial data. People overwhelmingly suggested IMGburn and others like infrareorder and isoburner. the issue is when scanned with googles malware scanner (google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=Enter site here) they showed up with viruses and sure enough when i scanned the .exe's they were had multiple trojans, adware and viruses. so i didnt use any of them.

So still looking for a better program, i came across stories about how magiciso wipes certain areas of windows OS if installed on C: drive and many people had PC's that were destroyed because of it. People were posting videos on youtube on how to remove it without destroying your pc and so on. (!)(!)(!)so i panicked and went to the (x86) folder and found that magicISO wasnt even there. or in the other programs folder. i searched my whole C: drive (which is my only drive) and it was nowhere to be found. i am so confused. i installed it, used it to make an ISO (still have that iso BTW) and now Magiciso is gone. i am confused and have no idea what to do. is it still on my computer just hidden? (and before you comment, yes i have hidden folders showing and file extensions)

Sooo yea, is magic iso still on my PC, and is there a Bit for Bit ISO creator that isnt riddles with viruses and adware? please please please, if you have any info i would be sooo grateful.

Doing emulators legally and safely is a freaking headache.

Last edited:

V1del

None of the official sites of the burners you mentioned contained any adware according to the google link, so I wonder where you tried to download any of them? (always make sure to go to the official page) That said I personally usually used CDBurnerXP. But for the intents and purposes any of the ones you mentioned should be fine. Also when finding random horror stories on the internet you should always check the date of the post and version of the software in question. Chances are whatever has been posted is completely outdated. Also what virus scanner did you use? very often they give false alarm/immediately mark an installer if the installer contains optional adware or similar, which is almost everything sadly

Last edited:
OP
O

Omninaut

((google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=cdburnerxp.se))
official site, 95 viruses

I use kaspersky for my pc but it never detects anything so before i execute a file i use ((metascan-online.com/#!/scan-file))

Thats true about the dates. its just in this case, since a lot of these programs look old, i wonder if anyone is actively fixing these issues.

V1del

Note how I said the burners you mentioned. and really if the "virus" is denoted with AD,Adware or similar, it isn't a virus its adware, there's a difference. From your list I'd go with infrarecorder since it's open source so if you are ultra paranoid you can download the source code, examine for suspicious behaviour and compile yourself if need be