What's new

Glide64mk2 issue

phenusmaximus

Hello, I'm new to n64 emulation so sorry if I have made any obvious mistakes. I am using the 32-bit windows Mupen64plus v2.0
on Windows 10 64-bit OS.

I am playing the US rom of Goemon's Great Adventure. The game ran smoothly with minimal lag in intensive areas with the Rice video plugin,
but the upon reaching the underwater level the screen shows distortion in the top half and distortion in the top half which makes it
nigh-on-impossible to progress. I have played the original n64 version years ago and I do not remember the underwater level being intensive
on the system.
It appears somebody had the exact same problem with a Project 64 on emutalk, but I cannot provide the URL as emutalk does not allow me to yet.

So I edited the mupen64plus.cfg so that the emulator would use the provided glide64mk2.dll instead.
However, when initializing the game I get a black screen, although I still have sound. I am stuck on where to go from here:

1. I can try tweaking mupen64plus-video-glide64mk2.dll or the .ini until the problem is fixed, but I have no idea how to do that.

2. I can use the third party plugin mupen64plus-video-glide64 (not glide64mk2), but upon downloading it I cannot find a .dll file for the plugin.
Am I supposed to compile it? If so I have never compiled before and would appreciate it explained to me as a rookie.
Otherwise, I don't really know what to do.
3. I can use another video plugin, but I haven't heard of one that works well with this rom aside from the glide64 plugin.

Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

V1del

What are your graphics drivers? I'm inclined to think that you don't have the proper drivers installed (from your manufacturer, not windows update) black screens like that usually point to insufficient OpenGL support which should be remediable by updating your drivers (does the console log mention anything in that regard?)

Also there is mupen64plus 2.5 now, you might want to upgrade to that, there have been a lot of general improvements http://www.emutalk.net/threads/55485-Mupen64Plus-v2-5-Mupen-s-Last-Stand-(on-Google-Code)

Last edited:
OP
P

phenusmaximus

Still get a blank screen...

Thanks for your help. I've installed the latest Win10 64bit driver for AMD Radeon HD 7620G and have tried the rom on Mupen64plus v2.5, but I still get a blank screen in the main menu. However,
the rom plays with a highly distorted screen as long as I am not in the main menu, and unfortunately is still unplayable although everything but the video is working. This is with Glide64mk2.
I have screenshots provided.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the console log? If I know, I can find it and provide more details.

Attachments

• mupen64plusui.jpg
    mupen64plusui.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 141
  • Screenshot (2).jpg
    Screenshot (2).jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 160
  • Screenshot (1).jpg
    Screenshot (1).jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot (3).jpg
    Screenshot (3).jpg