What's new

WinCE based games control problem

backgamon

Hi,

All winCE games i tryed currently, Runabout and Wild Metal boot and work, but control seem to change randomly.
In Runabout (for exemple), the A button are mapped to B, Start move to X and another change too.
I use a Xbox360 wired controller, and except WinCe based games, it work very well :/

The only way to get working without control problems are 0.5.8-2 but i can't save on it (says unformatted VMS...and crash all).
:unsure:

MetalliC

Demul developer
In Runabout (for exemple), the A button are mapped to B, Start move to X and another change too.:unsure:
sounds weird enough to be interesting :) can you share your emulator settings ? Demul.ini and padDemul.ini will be enough.

as for issue resolution its the same as this one
http://www.emutalk.net/threads/55641-Demul-v0-7-alpha-080715?p=456852&viewfull=1#post456852
make fresh install to empty folder, DO NOT change default settings (especially maple devices configuration), DO NOT assign "extended controller" buttons in controls settings, and there will be no problems with controls.

OP
B

backgamon

After a clean install (deleted all, and remake all settings), it works!

Now control and save work too in WinCE games (happy).
Thanks for you're help. :)

MetalliC

Demul developer
welcome. and thank you (sarcasm) for not sharing broken .ini files I asked, which can help in find&fix bugs in emulator.

Last edited: