What's new

Help with compiling GlideN64.

mendus

Hi,

I followed this instructions in the plugins wiki (https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/wiki/Build-From-Source-(Windows)) but I get some errors:

Error 1 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'ft2build.h': No such file or directory C:\Users\*****\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\GLideN64-master\src\TextDrawer.cpp 15 1 GLideN64

Error 2 error C1083: Cannot open include file: '../Revision.h': No such file or directory C:\Users\****\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\GLideN64-master\src\mupenplus\OpenGL_mupenplus.cpp 8 1 GLideN64

I think I am missing FreeType and some other library. Could someone that knows what must be done help me through? I am not very sure of what I am doing.

V1del

Revision.h is internal to define the plugins version for the GUI (zil spec) and have some version to output on console (m64p api), basically do this: https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/blob/7ce35bfeee6b144b4dc92f88b806a34b3befa6a9/src/getRevision.sh (a unix shell script but should be easy enough to grasp) (basically execute git rev-parse --short HEAD from a cmd/shell, paste the output into a file named Revision.h in the src-dir with #define PLUGIN_VERSION output) or add whatever as the version

As for freetype, don't have any experience compiling that on windows, but to simply get GLideN64 to compile you only need that file from one of the source packages. I'm pretty sure m64py contains a compiled version of freetype already so that should already be enough if you intend to use it with that anyway, so you wouldn't need to compile freetype yourself

EDIT: Here's a repo that contains the build dependencies so you don't have to hunt them yourself https://github.com/purplemarshmallow/GLideN64-win32-deps

Last edited:
OP
M

mendus

So I linked the dependencies on purplemarshmallow's repository and created revision.h as suggested in the wiki. Now the only error I have says:

Error 2 error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'freetype253MT.lib' C:\Users\***\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\GLideN64-master\projects\msvc12\LINK GLideN64

The files in the linked directory have names "freetype26MT.lib" and "freetype26MTd.lib". I guess its a wrong version. Can I avoid compiling freetype as suggested by Mr. 64 in the wiki?

Mr. 64

Visual Studio looks for freetype 2.53 but you have freetype 2.6
You can go to the project properties and change freetype253MT.lib to freetype26MT.lib under Linker->Input
You can also just rename freetype26MT.lib

OP
M

mendus

I changed the dependency as you suggested and now it has compiled.
Thanks for the help.

OP
M

mendus

Hi,

I was trying to compile again and I encountered some problems. I had uninstalled VS so I had to set it up again. But when I did, I got version related errors.

Are there any new requirements? Like using some visual studio version or similar? I have non installed atm because they gave me problems.

On a related note, is it possible to compile using the gcc compiler (from a MinGW release) in Windows?

OP
M

mendus

Ok. I'm trying with visual studio 2015.

This are the errors I get

Code:
Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State
Error	LNK2001	unresolved external symbol _vsnprintf	GLideN64	F:\Programming\GLideN64-master\projects\msvc12\libGLideNHQ.lib(gzwrite.obj)	1	
Error	LNK2001	unresolved external symbol _vsnprintf	GLideN64	F:\Programming\GLideN64-master\projects\msvc12\LIBCMT.lib(vsnprintf.obj)	1	
Error	LNK2001	unresolved external symbol __snprintf	GLideN64	F:\Programming\GLideN64-master\projects\msvc12\libGLideNHQ.lib(gzlib.obj)	1	
Error	LNK2001	unresolved external symbol ___iob_func	GLideN64	F:\Programming\GLideN64-master\projects\msvc12\libGLideNHQ.lib(pngerror.obj)	1	
Error	LNK2001	unresolved external symbol __vsnprintf	GLideN64	F:\Programming\GLideN64-master\projects\msvc12\LIBCMT.lib(vsnprintf.obj)	1

Any idea?