What's new

CHD in demul?

danuota

1) Sorry as you use chd in demul ? where they place files :unsure:

2) I own the pad of the xbox one , okay with most of the games (Naomi, Ikaru...ecc..) , but I have problems with driving games , I can not steer !

thank you

(win7 64 bit - I7 4770 - 16 Gb ram - R9 270x)

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You can put them anywhere you want and then use the gdrCHD plugin to select the one you want to use (Config --> GD-ROM).

OP
D

danuota

ok thanks , now I try . :tup: And as for the configuration of the pad ? To you okay with driving games ?

- - - Updated - - -

You can put them anywhere you want and then use the gdrCHD plugin to select the one you want to use (Config --> GD-ROM).

I tried but not working . Using the plugin gdrCHD , they select the CHD with which I want to play and then as I do games ? Run Dreamcast ? boh ?
Thank You

Pulstar

Try configuring analog 1 UP in Demul to the right trigger on the gamepad, and DOWN for left trigger. I hope since they're both analogue that they'd work.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I tried but not working . Using the plugin gdrCHD , they select the CHD with which I want to play and then as I do games ? Run Dreamcast ? boh ?
Thank You
Select the CHD you want to use with gdrCHD and then click Run Dreamcast.

OP
D

danuota

Select the CHD you want to use with gdrCHD and then click Run Dreamcast.
Not working for me. :down:
I made tests with some games, for example with Ikaruga:

- selected the gdrCHD plugin from the menu Config->Plugins
- selected the file gdl-0010.chd from Config-GDROM
- selected File->Run DC
The Dreamcast BIOS booted and reached the "Play/File/Music/Settings" screen, while on the top of the window, the words NAOMI_GDROM_IKARUGA appeared. Whenever i choose "Play" with the joypad, the screen goes white for half a second, then the "Play/File/Music/Settings" screen appears again. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Try configuring analog 1 UP in Demul to the right trigger on the gamepad, and DOWN for left trigger. I hope since they're both analogue that they'd work.

Great!
In analog mode UP (gas) = right trigger , DOWN (brakes) = left trigger , RIGHT (steering right) = right bumper , LEFT (steering left) = left bumper , instead of left stick or D-Pad in digital for steering and brakes/gas...and works! I only tried ftspeed , but it works! :D
Thanks! :tup:

Last edited:

MetalliC

Demul developer
is this first arcade emulator you ever see ? ;)
you can put arcade game CHD (or roms) into roms folder (or roms\[setname]\) then just select game in the list Run - Naomi.

no need to select CHD plugin or insert something in GD-ROM, all necessary will be done automatically.

Last edited:
OP
D

danuota

is this first arcade emulator you ever see ? ;)
you can put arcade game CHD (or roms) into roms folder (or roms\[setname]\) then just select game in the list Run - Naomi.

no need to select CHD plugin or insert something in GD-ROM, all necessary will be done automatically.

No :D

Ok, thanks for the explanation :tup: