What's new

half diagonal artifacts

TetrisFan99

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere before, but I can't seem to understand why some games that start-up have a logo of half diagonal artifact (black and white diagonal) which makes the games themselves unplayable. I didnt have this problem before, and I'm using Nvidia GTX (no sli) with i7 3770K setup. Thanks in advance!

p.s. I tried to post a picture of it via postimg, but it says it wont let me paste url here =(

Last edited:
OP
T

TetrisFan99

Which plugin are you using?

Ok I think I figured it out but I still need more testing. So when 'gpuDX11' is set in video plugin, I get errors and it's the same with 'gpuDX10'.

However, with gpuDX11ng, things seem to speed up and it's the resolution that needs to be set as long as it's not in fullscreen. Also, the correct BIOS is necessary but if you set it to auto select, it should go away.

There are some occasions where certain games need a certain BIOS and if set incorrectly also contributes to those dreaded black and white diagonal artifacts. Maybe it's just me, but hopefully this helps and many games are playable now, thanks!

MetalliC

Demul developer
can you please tell what exactly games and using what exactly settings gives artifacts ?
with screenshot if possible

OP
T

TetrisFan99

can you please tell what exactly games and using what exactly settings gives artifacts ?
with screenshot if possible

Hi MetalliC, I tried to upload pictures but it wont let me show url here. The games in question were Naomi/Naomi2 for example:

Beach Spikers, Tetris Kiwamemichi, and Virtua Tennis 2.

OP
T

TetrisFan99

Ok further update if anyone is interested. The half diagonals go away if you completely exit DEMUL and restart the application again. If you keep making changes, it just seems to make things worse. In other words, if making video changes, make the changes then exit out and restart it again.

Also, 2x Internal resolution makes things significantly better however, anything more than 2x will also cause more problems. Default is 1x but very grainy. Still trying to test gpuDX11ng vs gpuDX11.