What's new

Conker's Bad Fur Day lag makes game unplayable after unchecking register caching

TSDTomahawk

Title says it all, I'm running Win7 with a 4th gen i5 and hd 7870 gpu, Super Mario 64 and DS emu work just fine but with register caching Conker's Bad Fur Day will pause during some cutscenes and crash, without register caching game runs at maybe 15-25 FPS which as a PC gamer is unplayable to me, is there anyway to fix the cutscene issue without changing emulators or dealing with the insane lag? I'm using a trusted rom and the latest copy of Pj64 U 2.1 that was from the Project64 website

V1del

No, register caching is the biggest reason for why the recompiler is fast, but there have been fixes and they may be included in PJ64 2.2 (if it isn't on the website, which I'm pretty sure it should be, go to the forums), if not you may have to compile from source or get an up to date emucr build or something

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
I bet most CPUs of today can run Conker's Bad Fur Day with interpreter! Conker's Bad Fur Day don't need more than 900 Mhz with recompiler.

It don't require as much CPU as Goldeneye.